Corsair Community

How to CLEAN RADIATOR before use

The best suggest I've read is:

Use hot distilled water with vinegar and shake vigorously, and repeat 4 times, to be sure.

But I've seen no recommended stuff from CORSAIR for how to clean radiator, I've sent them a ticket for asking, but no reply yet, but it is understandable why it takes time.

This was the reply I got from CORSAIR:

Thanks for reaching out to us. As long as its white Vinegar you would be good to go. I usually use a 3:1 distilled water to white vinegar mix because its a bit more gentle that way. It takes more cycles but it isn't as hard on the copper.

It is always a good idea to do a flush of the other parts with distilled before use. They are cleaned before packaging but it is good practice just in case anything got missed.

Edited by Kra00pmed

usually just flushing a couple times with distilled water is enough. you can add vinegar or lemon juice but don't add too much becuase the acid reacts with the copper. if you add anything acidic, always flush afterwards with pure water a couple times to get any left acidic spots out - otherwise it will corrode your radiator and probably other parts in your loop over time

Any custom loop should have a drain installed. Just flush it with DI water. This process is usually done on the first day doing your LEAK TEST whoch recommended by the manufacturer in the manual for your pump. They usually provide a power jumper for the board so only your pump is running the loop.