Corsair Community

Corsair-Ambience App

Yarin_VooDoo

Is anyone trying the Corsair-Ambience app?

https://github.com/hamodyk/Corsair-Ambience

It seems to woork very well with iCUE Software and LS100 and it do a very good work sampling monitor colors.

While the color variations are sampled very well, even if the whole screen is sampled and there is no tracking of the colors on the monitor edges.

Another issue is that black is sampled as white.

Edited by Yarin_VooDoo

You have to tweak a little the INI file to adjust the response and you can load it with the app running so you can test immediately the changement.

On my PC I can set the minimum value of 15ms for refresh and I've set 20x15 lines to capture the screen color.

Of course the app in not intented for Ambient Light usage right now, but to sincronize all iCUE device with on-screen color, anyway it seems to go a very good job controlling the LS100, so, maybe, the author can upgrade this app to specifically support edge lighting for Ambient light purpose.

It's not an official app from Corsair, it's a small app developed from user "hamodyk" and available on GitHub.

It's a very small software that works using iCUE software from Corsair to control all compatible products like Corsair mousepad, RGB Fans, etc. but also LS100 works fine.

• 2 months later...
the response seems slow and it only seems to do one color at a time I think when we saw the demo we were imagining it more to be akin to an AMBILIGHT than just a single average color

Icompletely agree with you. This time the corsair advertising was completely misleading. this expensive rgb kit is quite disappointing.

it´s a good effect just if u are watching mostly blue water or green grass or red fire etc.... has nothing to do with the real "ambilight" that works very well.

Unfortunately I can´t try the app mentioned before because requires win 8 and I´m on win 7.... :[pouts:

not to forget that the lights go off at all in most of the games... and I have A LOT... Where is the "immersive experience" they promised??

I can´t understand why the app can reproduce the movie lights (more or less) and not the games ones

Edited by zultan