Corsair Community

2018 One Pro+ Crashing and Restarting Randomly

variegated

I'm not sure if this is related but for the lat month or so opening the My Documents folder would take 15 seconds or so to open. Nothing else, and I just got used to the sluggishness/tried doing cleanup to put less of a load on the machine.

Then suddenly my machine just started blue screening and restarting. Occasionally it will open to the MSI BIOS screen tho it's a guess as to which times it will. Can't shut down or exit BIOS if I try, have to press the power button.

I have done hardware checks using the Corsair diagnostic software and everything was fine.

I did as much general troubleshooting as I could (I'd say my level of knowledge is like tier 2 tech support? and I'm pretty good at googling. but I'm far from an expert).

There doesn't seem to be a pattern or precursor to crashing.

I discovered some Kernel 41 errors but I wasn't able to discover the cause. (there were a couple of other errors as well, but I can't remember. sorry at work, writing from memory).

I reset Windows while retaining my files and that seemed to work for about 1 day, but then this morning the machine worked for about 2 hours and then crashed about 10 times in the next hour while I was trying to investigate a solution.

I reset the OS fully, wiping all files and settings. Gonna see if that fixes it.

I'm fully outside of the warranty I assume. I read something about a recalled batch in 2018? Could this be related?

Any ideas? Not very encouraging that now 3 of the 5 most recent threads in this forum are about crashing systems.

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employee

Sorry for the delayed response. These forums aren't monitored 24/7 and our support team that usually hangs out here have been transitioning to WFH as many of them rely on access to our office resources due to the current global situation going on.

A really quick fix (if applicable) would be to check in BIOS to see if you can change the PCIe Gen setting from Auto/Gen3 to Gen2 explicitly. If this setting isn't available to you or if it doesn't work I strongly urge you to submit a ticket in our help system so that our support team can track this properly.

Sorry for the delayed response. These forums aren't monitored 24/7 and our support team that usually hangs out here have been transitioning to WFH as many of them rely on access to our office resources due to the current global situation going on.

A really quick fix (if applicable) would be to check in BIOS to see if you can change the PCIe Gen setting from Auto/Gen3 to Gen2 explicitly. If this setting isn't available to you or if it doesn't work I strongly urge you to submit a ticket in our help system so that our support team can track this properly.

Sorry for being impatient in my post, we've all got adjustments to make. Hope you're staying safe.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am in my BIOS Settings and I am seeing PCI Subsystem Settings - under that menu "PEG0 - Max Link Speed" is set to [Gen3] should I be changing this to [Gen2] or am I looking for a different submenu?