Corsair Community

You asked for it - you got it - Vengeance K70!

stratosrally

Official product teaser page:

http://www.corsair.com/k70

Our dreams have come true - the article I read hinted around at a possible April release at around $129.99 suggested list. Here's the article:

http://www.techpowerup.com/181737/Corsair-Announces-Vengeance-K70-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard.html

All mechanical, in murdered-out black or traditional K-series colors, with a K90-style wristrest, K60-style extra keycaps, all Cherry MX keys, and adjustable backlighting.

As Al Pacino would say, "Hoo-Hah"!

:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm strongly considering switch over from my Logitech membrane to this keyboard. Only thing that I was kind of hoping for was an OD green option to match the C70 and M65. C'mon Corsair, the rest of your Vengeance line has a military green option, why not the keyboard?

I guess if it comes down to it, I can always disassemble it and powder coat, assuming the aluminum frame can actually be disassembled.

Only Cherry MX Red.

Why not? A lot of people would like to have brown switches with this keyboard (you will see it if you google). Or you can start a poll in this forum. So you can respond better to customer wishes

I'm happy with the Cherry MX reds on my K60 - the black on black w/red backlighting K70 will be perfect, when I can budget for it.

Thanks again, Corsair!

I'm not opposed to more switch types available for those that want them in the future - or more backlighting colors - but red backlighting is a very popular choice with other brands so it's an obvious choice for Corsair to make as their alternate from blue.

Red MX switches are considered pure gaming switches, and the Vengeance line is for gaming - so again I see why Corsair stuck with them for the K70.

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time..."

More props for Corsair heading in the right direction!

:soapbox:

• Administrators
Still only Reds? I'd love to know what market research Corsair followed that told them they were the most-wanted switch types in a mechanical keyboard.

Blues, please.

They probably watched The Matrix... A LOT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill

The blue pill would allow him to remain in the fabricated reality of the Matrix. The red pill would lead to his escape from the Matrix and into the "real world".

In all seriousness though, I've seen people want brown, black, green, blue, etc. Every color of the rainbow. Can't please everyone all of the time.

I'm returning my Razor standard today to get some red switches. Blues aren't made for gaming and are very loud(clicky/tactile). I have times that they don't actuate when I mash keys fast in some games(osu).

I bought a $100 keyboard to be a more competitive gamer, not for a pleasant typing experience(which it is).

Thanks Corsair, this is the board I've been waiting for and should compliment my M90 perfectly. My current keyboard is almost 22''s wide, giving me less than 8" width for mouse movement on my 29" wide pull out tray. The K70 will now give me almost 12"s width for mouse movement...now I just need to pick up a 12" wide soft Corsair mouse pad?

• 2 weeks later...
Still only Reds? I'd love to know what market research Corsair followed that told them they were the most-wanted switch types in a mechanical keyboard.

Blues, please.

Because Corsair are making "gaming" peripherals and MX Reds are unanimously the best switches for gaming.

Agree it is personal preference. For example, I'm definitely getting the K70 for my day job, where I word process most of the day. The easy to press cherry reds help me type more accurately and with less fatigue. I'm really looking forward to plugging a K70 into my work computer.

I just hope the K70 is a complete copy of the K90 in terms of physical form (minus the macro keys) because I think it is the combination of its form and the reds that works out so well for me. I've tried a Ducky Shines (Cherry Brown) and Corsair CM Storm Quickfire (Cherry Red) and although they are both very nice keyboards, the K90 by far is the best typing keyboard I have.

Archived