The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 AM
Siamak8286's PC Specs

POST ID # = 626581
Siamak8286 Reputation: 10

This is ridiculous, I've had this keyboard for almost a year and went through several exchanges in the past yet the sticking key still happening, been waiting for a firmware update for months now, whats going on Corsair?

Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Rastaman-FB's PC Specs

POST ID # = 626681
Rastaman-FB Reputation: 10

i reported this issue with my own thread in earlier on in the year. each firmware flash ive hoped it will fix the issue but it didnt.
Im having this happen a few times a day when typing or playing games. thankfully its not done it when deleting files but it happens randomly while typing and is a pain in the ***.
recently keys have just been ignored when typing because the key was just to stop the last key from repeating so i find words are missing letters at the start.

Please try and get the devs to acknowledge this issue, im pretty sure its all k90 units as others here have had rma's and its done the same for them

Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 PM

POST ID # = 628887
taltamir Reputation: 10

I have the same issue.

It will occasionally (once every few days, sometimes more then once a day, depending on usage amount) have a key get "stuck" as if being held down. However the key is NOT physically jammed.

-When this occurs the keyboard will continue to send this keypress signal continuously until ANY key is pressed. That means that if the F3 key is "firmware stuck" then I can press the spacebar and it will unstuck it (this makes it hard to detect as rapid typing can hide this effect as you unstuck fast enough to only get a few repeats).
-I have seen it happen for a variety of letter keys, space bar, enter, and F keys.
-There is absolutely no indication of there being any physical issue
all the above combined suggest to me that this is a firmware issue.

I have tried updating the firmware and driver (as per instruction from customer support).

Several months after I bought the keyboard my space bar key broke. I got the keyboard replaced under warranty... The new one sent to me has the exact same issue with the "firmware stuck" keys.
I also updated it to firmware 1.19 and it still has this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
If it could be solved as easy you put it, then we wouldn't be having this discussion and you and I would be friends sharing stories of our conquests together.
His post correctly describes how you could reliably replicate the bug; it did not seem to me as if he said that will solve the issue, only replicate it with enough reliability to more rapidly debug the issue.

Last edited by taltamir; 01-23-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:05 PM

POST ID # = 629926
aramisk1 Reputation: 10

I have had my K90 for almost a year. when i made a macro using the G Keys. the macro worked fine. but now my keyboard will only type about 50 of 200 keystrokes if even that. here is an example. "t k0iraebar i wkamo" that was "The K90 is a great keyboard but its not working anymore". i have updated the firmware multiple times. fully unistalled and have tryed Re-installing the drivers. it is pluged into a 2.0 USB slot not 3.0 any suggestions?

Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 630120
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramisk1 View Post
I have had my K90 for almost a year. when i made a macro using the G Keys. the macro worked fine. but now my keyboard will only type about 50 of 200 keystrokes if even that. here is an example. "t k0iraebar i wkamo" that was "The K90 is a great keyboard but its not working anymore". i have updated the firmware multiple times. fully unistalled and have tryed Re-installing the drivers. it is pluged into a 2.0 USB slot not 3.0 any suggestions?
Whats the current software and firmware you're using? Does the macro show up correctly in the software?

Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 AM

POST ID # = 631329
D3solace Reputation: 10

I nearly submitted a support ticket, but I'm glad I checked the forums first!
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the larger k60 stuck-key thread.
I have a K90, I love it to death; but the occasional "stuck key" is obnoxious when it does occur (the repetition until struck again issue.)

Is there or isn't there a fix for this?

Probably unrelated issue, and so far warrants less attention; There appears to be a tendency for my computer screens to cut to black and the computer to freeze when the upper right hand corner of my keyboard is bumped. This has occurred no less than three times that I noticed and can recall. However, none of the buttons/keys/controls are regularly problematic and I cannot (as yet) intentionally recreate the problem. I did fiddle with the media playback keys as they had been previously been unused, but did not do so before setting the Human Interface service to start automatically and then programming them for use with VLC. It's also worth noting that this only seems to happen when the computer has been on for a prolonged period of time (sometimes days of up-time, with hours of co-use with an MMO7 and a Logitech G13).
Again, I have little to go on and any number of things could be causing odd behavior, but in the off chance anyone recognizes this behavior I figured I'd go ahead an post about it.

Thanks!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:55 AM
Occidentalis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 632887
Occidentalis Reputation: 10

K90, same problem here. Sticky key. Not hardware stuck. Pressing the same key again causes it to stop sticking.

Only an occasional thing, but I'd love to know if I could fix it. It's a real bummer when I'm editing anything.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 PM

POST ID # = 634145
davejellison Reputation: 10

You seriously, seriously must be joking. I just bought this keyboard and it's absolutely unusable due to an "R" key stick. I'm a computer programmer that was looking for a professional keyboard for my development department, lol at yours. It's is absolute garbage. You cannot seriously tell me that you have a firmware problem with random keys on the keyboards that you're selling repeating (<- ha! just happened typing the word repeating).

What a joke. It's going in the trash, where it belongs. You should post on your product features page this and only this:
This keyboard has been discontinued until we can fix a firmware issue making the keyboard actually usable by anyone, anywhere, ever.

RMA? You can't be serious. I want a full refund and you can have your keyboard back anytime you want.

Last edited by RAM GUY; 02-15-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Lets be professional and not use the "r" word.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:26 PM

POST ID # = 637642
ArcAngelSlayer Reputation: 10

Hi

I've had my corsair K90 for about 4 months, initially it was returned for a few dead led's shook my confidence a little but the replacement was great.

However in the past couple of weeks I've been having a random stuck key every few days, no correlation to a specific key.

I've not changed the firmware on the board and if its not going to fix it I really don't want to unless I have to.

No other hardware or software has been installed or changed.

Cheers

Arc

Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 AM

POST ID # = 637700
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Update the FW to 1.31.

The FW should fix the key repeat issue
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=115831

Old 03-09-2013, 01:35 PM

POST ID # = 639020
ArcAngelSlayer Reputation: 10

Thanks very much will give it a try :)

Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
aegisk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639309
aegisk Reputation: 10

This is still happening to me... many, many times a day. I'm using FW 1.19 on W7 (64-bit), a dedicated USB port (no hub), HW-disabled (as it is the only way to have the macro keys work properly).

Each time it happens, the only way to "fix" the issue is by keeping the key that is stuck pressed for a few seconds... this unlocks it again. In my case the only keys that seem to stick are the control, alt and shift keys.

Please, Corsair, this needs to be fixed once and for all. It is absolutely unacceptable to have this issue with a device and not have fixed a major issue like this after more than a year. It feels like you don't have any respect for your customers.

Please respond.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 639374

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisk View Post
This is still happening to me... many, many times a day. I'm using FW 1.19 on W7 (64-bit), a dedicated USB port (no hub), HW-disabled (as it is the only way to have the macro keys work properly).

Each time it happens, the only way to "fix" the issue is by keeping the key that is stuck pressed for a few seconds... this unlocks it again. In my case the only keys that seem to stick are the control, alt and shift keys.

Please, Corsair, this needs to be fixed once and for all. It is absolutely unacceptable to have this issue with a device and not have fixed a major issue like this after more than a year. It feels like you don't have any respect for your customers.

Please respond.
There has been a firmware released to fix repeat issues. You can find it on our product page or in the forum links above.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:03 PM
aegisk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639379
aegisk Reputation: 10

Funny how the zip file from the link you mention is called the exact same way as the one from the DL area... but has a different content. It's a good idea to change this as many will encounter the same situation as I just did.

Thanks!

Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 639391

They should be the same. Which file did you download? I'll make sure they fix it if there are issues.