Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

This software is AMAZING, I find it easier to use than the Official Windows one!!!!

Worked great with the K70 LUX RGB on my Kubuntu 16.04 64bit on a Dell Inspiron 7720 Laptop.

Note that as of Mid-December 2016, I had to clone the repo and change to the `newdev`branch and then run `quickinstall`.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where has the dev gone?

He hasn't been active on the repo in quite some time now. (LUX keyboards dont work unless (like @anodynos said) you change branch to 'newdev'.)

Very happy with this piece of software nonetheless

Edited by slugger7
Forgot a few chars for spelling correction before the internet murders me

Hi MSC,

I just joined the forum to thank you for your great software. It's working quite well on my Ubuntu 14.04 with the K70 LUX RGB Keyboard.

However, like anodynos mentioned, I had to click on clone download and use the newdev branch to get it to work. I initially installed the zip file from the direct download, but it would not recognize the keyboard.

Great work, Corsair should really endorse this software officially.

Thanks again!

MSC, have you abandoned reading your emails? I send two recently, as after installing a new PSU, strangely, everything changed for the worse and I can't get the keyboard nor ckb working properly again. My situation is a bit different than most others, so I don't feel it best to post the problems/details/questions here. Thanks.

I am new with Ubuntu, so I have a question about installing this driver.

I did: "sudo apt-get install build-essential libudev-dev qt5-default zlib1g-dev libappindicator-dev" and it installed those things.

Then I tried to do this: "The easiest way to install ckb is to double-click the quickinstall script and run it in a Terminal. It will attempt to build ckb and then ask if you'd like to install/run the application. If the build doesn't succeed, or if you'd like to compile ckb manually, see BUILD.md for instructions."

But when I double-click the quickinstall script it nothing happens. What should I do?

I also tried to do this what is wrote in BUILD.md, but I do something wrong.

Could somenone write me what should I du step-by-step?

Thank you in advance

But when I double-click the quickinstall script it nothing happens. What should I do?

I also tried to do this what is wrote in BUILD.md, but I do something wrong.

Start the quickinstall script from a terminal.

For this kind of basic Linux question you should ask at an Ubuntu forum. ;):

Running Mac OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite), I am unable to properly install ckb.

My 1st issue is that when running quickinstall in terminal, this error comes up:

Preparing build files...

No suitable qmake found.

Please make sure you have Qt5 installed.

Re-run this program with QMAKE=/path/to/qmake to select qmake manually.

The above is shown despite having Qt5 (open source version) installed. I even tried changing the QMAKE line in the code of qmake-auto to the path leading to qmake, but with no avail.

Another issue I came across was when "building" the ckb.app, Qt Creator shows an error as 'Carbon/Carbon.h' file not found. This results in a ckb.app that Finder states cannot be opened due to the file being damaged or incomplete, and it is also shown as being zero kb in size.

The error about Carbon/Carbon.h states that the file cannot be found despite me being perfectly able to find it if I go through the entire path (it's like 15 folders deep).

Bottom line is that this isn't functioning for me and I'm kinda bummed cause I got this awesome Corsair Harpoon Gaming Mouse for christmas and I can't program any of the buttons or the RGB light... :(

Any help would be appreciated. The best thing of course would be if Corsair took matters into their own hands and developed the software to make their products compatible with Mac computers. If some random dude on GitHub managed to do it... you'd think a company would be able to invest some resources into it in order to expand their customer base.

Greetings,

I recently received a Corsair STRAFE RGB keyboard as a gift. I am primarily a Mac user, but I also have Windows 10 64-bit installed on my machine (a 2008 Mac Pro). I am running Mac OS Sierra (installed using DosDude's installer patch).

That being said, when I first connected the STRAFE RGB keyboard to my Mac, the keyboard seemed to work OK (though I didn't do thorough testing), and most of the keys were lit up red.

Anyhow, I managed to stumble upon the CKB driver through some Googling. It seems to work OK for me, but I've noticed something odd with the modifier keys (Shift, Control, Option and Command). I've used the Mac OS Keyboard preferences pane to remap the "Windows" command to serve as the Mac "Option" key and the "ALT" key to serve as the "Command" key, just because of my muscle memory being used to the Apple keyboard layout over the last 9 years of use.

My problem with the modifier keys is that they don't work correctly in some Mac applications. For example, if I use the Shift (or re-mapped Command (ALT) key) key to highlight multiple files in the Finder, the modifier key is not recognized at all and it won't select multiple files. In addition, if I click on a menu and press the Option (re-mapped Windows key) key, the menu entries do not show their alternative options (for example in the Apple menu, pressing the Option key bypasses the confirmation dialog box when Shut Down or Restart is selected).

I first thought that this was a problem with CKB, so I uninstalled it (after all, I can live without the fancy lighting effects). After I rebooted, my keyboard would not work at all until I re-installed CKB. The keyboard then seems to work fine (minus the modifier key behavior) whether CKB is running or not.

If I plug in an Apple USB keyboard to my Mac, the modifier keys on the Apple keyboard work as expected (but the ones on the Corsair do not). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Other than of course, keeping an Apple keyboard plugged in all the time (or when needed)?

Regards,

Geoffrey

So .. my heartfelt thanks for doing such a fantastic job on a linux driver for my K65 Lux keyboard. I run Windows with passthrough graphics so never boot it native and had no problem passing through the device and it's attached controller.

The only oddity is that the ckb driver makes it potentially very hard to determine which /dev/input/event ... is the main device driver. Since I pass through the libinput events in order to allow keyboard sharing I can confirm that it works absolutely correctly, but the device number does tend to change.

Any thoughts are appreciated and if they make sense expect a little patch (if necessary) to re-enable the correct identification of a keyboard as a keyboard. I am using debian unstable and can confirm no special installation instructions were necessary just using the quickinstall script.

So .. my heartfelt thanks for doing such a fantastic job on a linux driver for my K65 Lux keyboard. I run Windows with passthrough graphics so never boot it native and had no problem passing through the device and it's attached controller.

The only oddity is that the ckb driver makes it potentially very hard to determine which /dev/input/event ... is the main device driver. Since I pass through the libinput events in order to allow keyboard sharing I can confirm that it works absolutely correctly, but the device number does tend to change.

Any thoughts are appreciated and if they make sense expect a little patch (if necessary) to re-enable the correct identification of a keyboard as a keyboard. I am using debian unstable and can confirm no special installation instructions were necessary just using the quickinstall script.

Considering you're using same software and keyboard as me (on Linux), do you notice flicker on the K65 RGB LUX you have? It bugs my OCD, and I've been even trying it on another PC with Windows + CUE, and there is still flicker. I've heard it's a common bug with the keyboards and is software related.

I have been using the CKB driver and until recently it is marvellous. I believe it automaticity updates the firmware.

Any guidance how to tackle the issue of keys frequently repeating? Doing an internet search recommendations are: Clean Keyboard (Done), Return to manufacturer (Maybe but not retained receipt and paid cash at GAME store, install earlier firmware (No clues how to achieve that under Linux?), change keyboard polling rate (Again ;No clues how to achieve that under Linux? Some articles covered that but were horrendously technical and way beyond my capability)

My capability is basically to understand and follow instructions by copying and pasting them into terminal.

I would be very grateful for any guidance here or a link to guidance. I narrowly resisted buying another keyboard today but as I have accumulated 9 keyboards (1 wireless, 6 Bluetooth and 2 wired) in my search for a comfortable one I want to stick with this as so far its the best other than the keying issue which drives me nuts (Especially when logging on with my password can take manyy attempts). Writing this I have had to correct about 40 words!!

I have been using the CKB driver and until recently it is marvellous. I believe it automaticity updates the firmware.

Any guidance how to tackle the issue of keys frequently repeating? Doing an internet search recommendations are: Clean Keyboard (Done), Return to manufacturer (Maybe but not retained receipt and paid cash at GAME store, install earlier firmware (No clues how to achieve that under Linux?), change keyboard polling rate (Again ;No clues how to achieve that under Linux? Some articles covered that but were horrendously technical and way beyond my capability)

My capability is basically to understand and follow instructions by copying and pasting them into terminal.

I would be very grateful for any guidance here or a link to guidance. I narrowly resisted buying another keyboard today but as I have accumulated 9 keyboards (1 wireless, 6 Bluetooth and 2 wired) in my search for a comfortable one I want to stick with this as so far its the best other than the keying issue which drives me nuts (Especially when logging on with my password can take manyy attempts). Writing this I have had to correct about 40 words!!

Polling rate is decided by the switch on the back of your keyboard. It's highly recommended to put it on 1 (1ms) for the fastest experience.

As for firmware, ckb does have a firmware installer in the program itself. Just look up if older firmware in general exists.

BTW, ckb is abandoned (I think) at the moment, good thing some forked it: https://github.com/mattanger/ckb-next

Polling rate is decided by the switch on the back of your keyboard. It's highly recommended to put it on 1 (1ms) for the fastest experience.

As for firmware, ckb does have a firmware installer in the program itself. Just look up if older firmware in general exists.

BTW, ckb is abandoned (I think) at the moment, good thing some forked it: https://github.com/mattanger/ckb-next

The developers github account has been dormant since the last update on CKB.

Is there no way to abandon this thread and take a very stable fork of the CKB software and use that instead of referring to this thread for linux and mac drivers seeing as K70 LUX keyboards are not supported by CKB but by the forks.

The developers github account has been dormant since the last update on CKB.

Is there no way to abandon this thread and take a very stable fork of the CKB software and use that instead of referring to this thread for linux and mac drivers seeing as K70 LUX keyboards are not supported by CKB but by the forks.

Actually, the LUX models are supported by the newdev branch, which at least had an update around the time of beginning to being abandoned, to support the LUX stuff, but yeah, it seems that this original driver seems abandoned at the moment. :(

Actually, the LUX models are supported by the newdev branch, which at least had an update around the time of beginning to being abandoned, to support the LUX stuff, but yeah, it seems that this original driver seems abandoned at the moment. :(

I know that is what I used but had to do a lot of digging before finding that out. In the end i think i downloaded all the branches and installed them one by one until my keyboard worked. But the K95 Platinum is going to drop soon (if it hasn't already) and there will be no branch supporting that keyboard whatsoever.

• Administrators
I know that is what I used but had to do a lot of digging before finding that out. In the end i think i downloaded all the branches and installed them one by one until my keyboard worked. But the K95 Platinum is going to drop soon (if it hasn't already) and there will be no branch supporting that keyboard whatsoever.

If the community decides on another branch to support I can update the OP with a link to it, and a link to a new discussion thread if that's preferred.

Can anyone tell me where the profiles are stored on Mac OS X? Mine get erased every so often, I think maybe on kernel panics (I'm running a hackintosh FYI)

Can't find them anywhere obvious, would love to make a backup of them so I don't have to keep redoing my keybindings. Thanks!

On the GitHub page for ckb-next, there is a link to download a OS X binary, but the only downloads on the page are for source code that pre-dates ckb's existence (presumably for the original ckb). Is there a binary Mac installer for ckb-next, or do I really need to download Xcode and compile it?

I got the version I am running from this url: https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/releases/tag/v0.2.6

• 1 month later...