Corsair Community

"Action: Launch Application" Doesn't Run Shortcut (.lnk) Files?

Sojourner1

Title says it all. Manufacturer of mouse programmed in the ability to launch shortcuts (.lnk files) with their utility software, yet Corsair has not done this with iCUE?

I have shortcut files containing command lines for Scheduled Tasks, this cannot be done with batch files... but iCUE can't launch .lnk files...

The shortcut "EthernetDisable.lnk" target field contains the command "C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /tn "Ethernet Tasks\DisableEthernet"

When I try to select this shortcut for the Launch Application "Run the following program ..." the address field just fills with "C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe"

I want a killswitch so when I leave my desktop, I can press a button to disable the ethernet. Also, another macro to run the "Re-enable Ethernet" task as well. Roccat seems to allow this in their Swarm software, but all my mouse buttons are taken.

That is an aggressive security measure, good for you.

Having not used this feature in a while, I forgot that it is limiting that the "run the following program" does not allow you to run anything but executables, nor does it allow you to add parameters. FWIW, stream deck has this option (at least the parameters part), so I imagine Corsair now that they own Elgato, ought to look at that, particularly both being on the same framework.

in the meantime, how many of these do you have in mind? If it isn't an oppressive amount, you can look at this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28174386/how-can-a-bat-file-be-converted-to-exe-without-third-party-tools

Or what I do is have autohotkey handle things (which also cannot be run from inside icue, however AHK lets you compile to EXE, which then can be run from icue). I think basically your command would just look like this:

Run, C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /tn "Ethernet Tasks\DisableEthernet"

let me know if that works?

• Confused 1

I just have the two tasks, "DisableEthernet" and "EnableEthernet" so I should be able to use one of the methods mentioned on stackoverflow. Hopefully I can get this to work without too much effort! Edited by Sojourner1