Corsair Community

Mouse-mat keep disconnecting

Jimbopanda12

I recently bought the MM800 RGB mouse mat and I have been having constant issues with it.

Completely randomly it seems, the mouse mat will be disconnected and then reconnected within a few seconds to my PC (4 times whilst writing this). I have a K68 Corsair keyboard and a Glorious model O mouse, both of which don't have this issue.

I have searched online and found that people who had it in a USB 2.0 slot had this issue, but I have mine in a USB 3.0 and have tried swapping the USB connection and still have the same issue.

I am unsure why it is still happening and would appreciate any help.

it can become disconnected when there is a short in the USB system (in my experience). Also if you are using an extension or hub of any kind, try not using it and see what happens (I think you said you were not).

The other thing to try is perhaps disconnecting some other USB items to test and make sure the system does not get overloaded (draw too much current), i bet it will disconnect less frequently for you. I have a system where i have a polaris plugged in and it would exhibit this behavior if i had too many usbs live and removing the "straw that broke the camels back" made it behave normally again.