Corsair Community

H115i and 800D Case?

ChuckinSC

• Corsair Employee
I believe that cooler itself might be a little too big for the case itself because of the optical drive bays. With the bays included the the supported radiator fit is a 240mm cooler. If you don't use the optical drive bays theoretically the h115i will fit just fine.

Thanks for the quick reply. Could you tell me if the H110i would be more appropriate. Also, this is an update to a 9 year old build. The new cooler will replace the original H100. Would you agree that the H100 is likely to have lost quite a byof efficiency after 9 years of use?

The H110i has effectively the same dimensions as the H115i. A 280mm radiator seems unlikely for that case -- too wide. It wasn't all that long ago 280mm radiators were a little scarce and cases a bit narrower. The new H100i PRO would be the direct replacement. I would like to tell you it's possible to shoehorn a 360mm in there, but I think you'll need to sacrifice some the 5.25 drives. Surely someone else has put a custom loop 360mm up top and can add some first hand knowledge.

Archived