Corsair Community

HD120 and HD140 RGB Fans don't work correctly with CLNP, CCMP and Corsair Link

Pluqsta

Hi folks,

I have following Issue with my current PC RGB build:

I bought the commander pro for my computer which contains 3x HD120 and 2x HD140 Fans.

When i connected everything only the fan which is connected in port 1 (of the 6 port splitter that comes with the hd120 fan package) works correctly with corsair link.

Any other fan that i connected to the port 1 worked fine.

So i went frustraded and purchased the Corsair Lighting Node Pro aswell.

The LED Strips working fine. But the Fans still doesn't. I'm sure i connected everything right. I even tried to control them with siv.exe but for some reason only that one rgb of the fan in port 1 shows up.

Anyone here that can help me out? :[pouts:

I attached some screenshots aswell

picture1.thumb.png.7d5a27b41a50a50368ed88823fc8221f.png

picture2.png.9d216eec21dd00be9bf788e1d59385db.png

picture3.png.0de54cb66c9bd485aae40584e7ca8238.png

unnamed.thumb.jpg.2b37b3556e6203cfbe56bb5f1849f47e.jpg

102171440_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.28cc8e10d3b4239209969ec6056da0e2.jpg

1030474144_unnamed(2).thumb.jpg.d6bbeaa8e32764f59c2a6a8ba47bea23.jpg

bild1.thumb.png.4e37d5d0174718ebc373177e0151abcb.png

730333539_bild2.thumb.png.2de56c75025a55d8659d0a1c1989836a.png

• Corsair Employee

There are a couple of things I can suggest.

One is to shuffle the fans around on the hub to determine if one of them is bad. The LEDs run in series; if there's a bad fan in the line, it will knock out lighting to the rest of them.

Another is to try a different RGB fan hub and see if there's a disconnect within the hub. The hub itself is "dumb," it's literally just physically daisy-chaining the fans.

There are a couple of things I can suggest.

One is to shuffle the fans around on the hub to determine if one of them is bad. The LEDs run in series; if there's a bad fan in the line, it will knock out lighting to the rest of them.

Another is to try a different RGB fan hub and see if there's a disconnect within the hub. The hub itself is "dumb," it's literally just physically daisy-chaining the fans.

I already exchanged the hub. i had 2x of the hd120 boxes with a hub in it. both hub's dont work :(

sorry for my bad english but what do you mean with daisy-chaining?

ps: i put every fan in slot 1 to see if any of them is broke. all worked

"Daisy-Chaining" means that they are in line, one after the other. Each fan has an input signal and an output signal; the fan hub just passes the output signal from 1 fan to the next. that why, with the RGB fans, if one of them is bad, it'll take the rest out in a line. The fan itself may work but if it doesn't send the output signal, it takes the rest of them down.

So ... you've put each one in slot 1 ... did you also put fans in slots 2-5?

"Daisy-Chaining" means that they are in line, one after the other. Each fan has an input signal and an output signal; the fan hub just passes the output signal from 1 fan to the next. that why, with the RGB fans, if one of them is bad, it'll take the rest out in a line. The fan itself may work but if it doesn't send the output signal, it takes the rest of them down.

So ... you've put each one in slot 1 ... did you also put fans in slots 2-5?

yea. i put all 5 into slot 1 to test em out. they all work.

Good luck , I'm having the exact same issue as well. I only get 4 out of 6 of my fans working. I'm on my 4th fan hub now and still cant get them going...

I've spent way too much money and time on these stupid things.

Have you also rearranged the order of the fans on the hub?

Were there any fans in slots 2-5 while you tried them individually in slot 1?

I just tried it out 1 minute ago. i put every fan in slot 1 and everyone was working. (disconnected all other 4 slots).

i randomly changed every possible order of the fans but none of the other slots working.

Good luck , I'm having the exact same issue as well. I only get 4 out of 6 of my fans working. I'm on my 4th fan hub now and still cant get them going...

I've spent way too much money and time on these stupid things.

feeling with you my man :[pouts:

I've stood there for almost 30 mins trying to rearrange which fan went into which port, and getting 4 fans on is the best I've ever got it. I've tried that with all 4 fan hubs.

You said that 4 fans is the best you've ever gotten.

Have you "gotten" less than 4? are there 4 fans that work consistently and/or 1 or 2 fans that, when plugged in to, say port 2, cause the rest of them to go down?

• Corsair Employee

The issue with these is that it's possible to have one bad fan that won't pass a signal on past it. So you could have all of the fans working fine as long as they're the only one connected.

What we need to do is figure out which fan - if any - isn't passing a signal down the line.

You said that 4 fans is the best you've ever gotten.

Have you "gotten" less than 4? are there 4 fans that work consistently and/or 1 or 2 fans that, when plugged in to, say port 2, cause the rest of them to go down?

In any other configuration I only get 2-3. There is only one fan that when plugged into port 1 wont light anything after it, and its in the last port.

In any other configuration I only get 2-3. There is only one fan that when plugged into port 1 wont light anything after it, and its in the last port.

It sounds like you may have a couple of fans that are bad. The thing is ... they work in series. If one is bad, it'll take down everything after it. Kinda like Christmas tree lights, if you know what I mean.

I would contact support to see if you can get those fans replaced.

It sounds like you may have a couple of fans that are bad. The thing is ... they work in series. If one is bad, it'll take down everything after it. Kinda like Christmas tree lights, if you know what I mean.

I would contact support to see if you can get those fans replaced.

I contacted support.....3 days ago......so I'm waiting for a reply. I appreciate you trying to help, I'm so frustrated with these things :(

The issue with these is that it's possible to have one bad fan that won't pass a signal on past it. So you could have all of the fans working fine as long as they're the only one connected.

What we need to do is figure out which fan - if any - isn't passing a signal down the line.

So i've tried all possible ways to arrange them. nothing helped.

the slot 1 still working fine. i completely switched them now.

the old fan #1 is now fan #5. and the old fan #2 is now fan #4.

the funny thing is, that 1 or 2 led of fan #2 were lit up sometimes. since its fan#4 now it lit up abit aswell.

i installed all possible versions of corsair link and downgraded LNP and upgraded it and so on.

NO WAY helped.

ps: i tried all 2 hub's im owning. none worked correctly. i also tried to use the normal hub controller with the 3 keys on it (mode, speed, color).

before i put in the commander pro and the lnp all fans worked perfectly. but since im using link and the devices my system only detects 1 LED channel it seems :(

can it be possible that it isn't compatible with MSI motherboards?

and is there a new update coming for link and the devices?

So ... I still think that you have a couple of bad fans.

One thing first ... can you confirm that the Commander Pro is plugged in to SATA direct from the PSU and not via an adapter or a splitter of any kind? How about the fan controller?

What I would do, at this point, is get methodical with it. Start with labeling each fan 1-5 (use masking tape or something that you can remove). Clear the Link configuration and start fresh. Add all 5 into Link and set them to a static color (it'll be easier to see).

Then take a fan an plug it into port 1. Do all of the LEDs light up? Yes? Then proceed to plugging a fan into port 2. Do all of it's LEDs light up? If yes, we know that Fan 1 is good. If no, try with another fan. Keep repeating the process.

Take notes on the results with each fan along the way. Do all of its LEDs come on? Do all of the LEDs of the next fan attached come on? You shouldn't need to reboot between the steps, you don't need to have the fans plugged in and spinning. But it's certainly possible (and we've seen it on the forum) that all of the LEDs on a single fan light up but it doesn't send the signal down the "chain" to the next fan.

And, to confirm, you've tried this with both the Commander Pro and the Lighting Node Pro, correct? Have you tried swapping the cable from the Commander Pro/LNP to the Fan Hub?

The process above is to clearly identify which fans are misbehaving and which ones are behaving. I think, right now, that's the best that we can do for you. I'm convinced that there are at least one, probably 2 fans in your set that are flaking out. So let's see if we can get them ID'd and replaced.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the support ticket; hopefully Corsair Dustin or Greybeard can get that pushed through for you.

Archived