Corsair Community

Phanteks RGB Hub connected to ASUS motherboard with a 3-pin 5V to 4-pin 12V adapter?

apav

I'm planning a build with 4 Corsair QL140 fans, 2 Phanteks Halo Lux ARGB fan frames, 2 Phanteks ARGB LED strips and a Lighting Node Core. As I understand it, the Lighting Node Core doesn't support LED strips, and even if it unofficially can with an adapter, a single Lighting Node Core wouldn't be able to handle this many LEDs and would be over the power limit.

Now that iCUE can control Asus motherboards and Aura Sync compatible devices connected to them, I was contemplating instead hooking up the Phanteks fan frames and strips to the RGB hub that comes with the strips, and plugging the hub into the motherboard. However it seems that cable is 3-pin 5V (since these devices are addressable), which I read that ICUE does not support. I know there are 3-pin 5V to 4-pin 12V converters out there, but I lose the addressable RGB feature and that's another box and cables in the back on my computer.

So, with all that said what is my best option here? Could I just have iCUE and Aura Sync not integrated and control each of its connected devices simultaneously? Not the most elegant solution but at least it would work. Or could something like the Commander Pro work if I were to connect the Lighting Node Core to the Commander Pro's USB port, and plug in the Phanteks Halo Lux frames and LED strips into each LED channel respectively with the adapter? Would they still be addressable this way?

Thank you.

Edited by apav