Corsair Community

HS50: Unbalanced sound from ear cups

mroetman

Hi all,

I bought a Crosair HS50 last week to connect it to my Xbox One S for some ultimate gaming experience. I’m very happy with the look & feel, comfort and audio quality of the headset. But sadly there seems to be a problem with the volume switch.

Only when the volume switch is turned on to maximum I hear a good balanced sound between both ear cups. When I turn the switch lower, the volume in the right ear cup lowers frequently while the left ear cup doesn’t lower that much.

When the switch is set too it lowest, the volume of the right ear cup is turned off (only turns on when switch is almost at max.) and the left ear cup is still quite loud. It is alright when I put the volume to the maximum and set the volume a bit lower at the Xbox settings, but when you accidently switch it you get an unbalanced sound of the both ear cups (left harder than right) which is very irritating.

I was curious if you had this complaint before & if it indeed is a fabric fracture (and thus should return it for a new one).

*BTW: I also tested it on my pc and phone but problems stays the same, so it has nothing to dowith my Xbox settings.

Thanks in advance

Maarten

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
Adding to this, just bought this model today, get it home and there's barely anything coming out of the right ear cup.

Hmm, does this happen on another computer as well? If it does, I'd recommend a replacement or contact support, they'd be really interested in it.

• 3 months later...
Adding to this, just bought this model today, get it home and there's barely anything coming out of the right ear cup.

I'm willing to bet if you push the earcup gently against your ear, you will hear a popping sound. These headsets are very flimsy and it's probably the result of you gently, inadvertently knocking it in some fashion. They definitely do not seem built to last and I am extremely disappointed in the build quality of a headset that retails for £50.

Archived