The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-26-2015, 06:03 PM
gabet111's Avatar
gabet111 gabet111 is offline
Registered User
gabet111's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 810707
gabet111 Reputation: 10
Default

It worked very well. I can now enjoy my strafe to its full potential! The keys and cherry red silent switches feel great. If anyone's on the fence about buying, I'd recommend. I'm very happy with it.


  #17  
Old 09-26-2015, 07:56 PM
krazykid's Avatar
krazykid krazykid is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 2,923
POST ID # = 810723
krazykid Reputation: 30
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid
Default

Great ill start converting everything.


  #18  
Old 09-28-2015, 12:48 AM
gabet111's Avatar
gabet111 gabet111 is offline
Registered User
gabet111's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 810882
gabet111 Reputation: 10
Default

I actually just realized that the "FN" key doesn't light up unless pressed with a reactive profile enabled. But if it's just a solid color, the "FN" isn't illuminated. Easily fixable though, by just assigning new lighting to that key in CUE.


  #19  
Old 09-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Inheritance's Avatar
Inheritance Inheritance is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Posts: 5,311
POST ID # = 811075
Inheritance Reputation: 41
Default

Thats why im going through and adding that key in.

The incompleteness drives me mad.
__________________
Colors of the RAINBOW shine so bright!
USER IS NOT A CORSAIR EMPLOYEE
Come Join My Discord =(^.^)= [iCUE Guide]
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support


  #20  
Old 09-29-2015, 01:20 AM
allergies allergies is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 811109
allergies Reputation: 10
Default

I just got the strafe RGB as well. I noticed that there is no rainbow wave profile that goes from left to right or right left, just bottom to top. I think the K70 has that stock, is there anyway to get that on the strafe? Thanks.


  #21  
Old 09-29-2015, 12:45 PM
Inheritance's Avatar
Inheritance Inheritance is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Posts: 5,311
POST ID # = 811184
Inheritance Reputation: 41
Default

where are you guys getting your Strafes from??
__________________
Colors of the RAINBOW shine so bright!
USER IS NOT A CORSAIR EMPLOYEE
Come Join My Discord =(^.^)= [iCUE Guide]
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support


  #22  
Old 09-29-2015, 12:56 PM
krazykid's Avatar
krazykid krazykid is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 2,923
POST ID # = 811188
krazykid Reputation: 30
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid
Default

You guys are confusing strafe with strafe RGB because strafe RGB isint out yet!

Last edited by krazykid; 09-29-2015 at 12:59 PM.


  #23  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Corsair James's Avatar
Corsair James Corsair James is offline
iCUE Product Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 4,446
POST ID # = 811216
Corsair James Reputation: 75
Default

Where did you get a STRAFE RGB from?
__________________

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue


  #24  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:25 PM
blaize9 blaize9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 21
POST ID # = 811220
blaize9 Reputation: 10
Default

If you pre-ordered it, they started shipping last week.
I still got my corsair protective film on mine.


Last edited by blaize9; 09-29-2015 at 02:27 PM.


  #25  
Old 09-29-2015, 03:55 PM
Inheritance's Avatar
Inheritance Inheritance is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Posts: 5,311
POST ID # = 811234
Inheritance Reputation: 41
Default

XD i love how even James doesnt know they shipped them
__________________
Colors of the RAINBOW shine so bright!
USER IS NOT A CORSAIR EMPLOYEE
Come Join My Discord =(^.^)= [iCUE Guide]
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Last edited by Inheritance; 09-29-2015 at 05:32 PM.


  #26  
Old 09-29-2015, 03:58 PM
blaize9 blaize9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 21
POST ID # = 811236
blaize9 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
XD i love how even James doesnt now they shipped them
Haha I felt the same way when I looked at his title.

As a first time CUE user I found the experience interesting having a non-supported keyboard. At first all the profiles on the profile page would not work.
Then I found a working STRAFE profile and compared it with a K70 & K95 and found out that you can easy convert the K70 profile to STRAFE, however the K95's took some more work as you need to remove the G Keys. Then after exploring I found this thread.

Q: Why do we share profiles and not modes?
I found working with the modes are a lot easier to work with and switch between. As you can easily switch between modes with a press of a button but with profiles you need to assign them one by one and apply the profile switch to each mode (using copy to all modes in profile).

Also not to mention if the software was correctly made you would not have to create a profile for each version of the keyboard by specifying the "deviceModelName" as it would just ignore the non-existing keys in the profile.

Last edited by blaize9; 09-29-2015 at 04:10 PM.


  #27  
Old 09-29-2015, 04:31 PM
krazykid's Avatar
krazykid krazykid is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 2,923
POST ID # = 811242
krazykid Reputation: 30
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaize9 View Post
Haha I felt the same way when I looked at his title.

As a first time CUE user I found the experience interesting having a non-supported keyboard. At first all the profiles on the profile page would not work.
Then I found a working STRAFE profile and compared it with a K70 & K95 and found out that you can easy convert the K70 profile to STRAFE, however the K95's took some more work as you need to remove the G Keys. Then after exploring I found this thread.

Q: Why do we share profiles and not modes?
I found working with the modes are a lot easier to work with and switch between. As you can easily switch between modes with a press of a button but with profiles you need to assign them one by one and apply the profile switch to each mode (using copy to all modes in profile).

Also not to mention if the software was correctly made you would not have to create a profile for each version of the keyboard by specifying the "deviceModelName" as it would just ignore the non-existing keys in the profile.
ive converted all my profiles to strafe rgb so those should work. modes are less convenient then profiles, say i want to give people a profile that has 50 modes for example http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149379, you would have to give them all 50 modes instead of just 1 profile.


  #28  
Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 PM
blaize9 blaize9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 21
POST ID # = 811264
blaize9 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykid View Post
ive converted all my profiles to strafe rgb so those should work. modes are less convenient then profiles, say i want to give people a profile that has 50 modes for example http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149379, you would have to give them all 50 modes instead of just 1 profile.
I was more complaining about how the profiles with 1 mode were packaged as a profile and not as a mode. I completely understand the usage for 1 profile with 50 modes.

If I got some free time I will be building a profile builder where you can select community built modes/profiles and it will output it into 1 profile.This would also handle the conversions from each of the keyboard models among one of the many features.
I guess think of it like an advanced RGB Share site, that has everything you wanted. But this is stuck behind other projects and will not be worked on anytime soon.

Last edited by blaize9; 09-29-2015 at 06:54 PM.


  #29  
Old 09-29-2015, 07:05 PM
gabet111's Avatar
gabet111 gabet111 is offline
Registered User
gabet111's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 811266
gabet111 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykid View Post
You guys are confusing strafe with strafe RGB because strafe RGB isint out yet!
No no, I meant RGB. But where can I find your converted profiles?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Where did you get a STRAFE RGB from?
I picked it up at Best Buy on 9-22. I went in to test out some other keyboards, and bam there it was on the shelf. Two of them. I was between the strafe rgb and k70 for awhile so I took seeing it there as a sign from the Corsair gods and bought it immediately. Pretty happy I didn't have to wait for it in the mail.




Quote:
Originally Posted by blaize9 View Post
If you pre-ordered it, they started shipping last week.
I still got my corsair protective film on mine.

Isn't it awesome? I just took that plastic off this morning haha.

Last edited by gabet111; 09-29-2015 at 07:33 PM.


  #30  
Old 09-29-2015, 10:38 PM
blaize9 blaize9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 21
POST ID # = 811290
blaize9 Reputation: 10
Default

Awww man this keyboard is fun.



 

Tags
rgb, strafe

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.