The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 PM
BryanVH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816815
BryanVH Reputation: 10
Default New Sails Logo for all Vengeance K__ RGB series gaming keyboards?

Okay. So I've seen Corsair's official statement regarding what I understand to be the updating of the logos on these keyboards to their new modernized sails logo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Last week we pointed out the availability of a Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB keyboards with red switches for fans of our Corsair “sails” logo. We have since rolled up our sleeves to see just how many additional “sails” logo versions we can add to our line. The answer is 11 configurations which were based on requests we’ve received. We also added a matching M65 RGB mouse.

• Vengeance K70 RGB - Cherry MX red – US, UK, Nordic (US now, UK/Nordic available late November)
• Vengeance K70 RGB - Cherry MX brown – US, UK (available late November)
• Vengeance K95 RGB - Cherry MX red – US, UK (available late November)
• Vengeance K70 - Cherry MX red – US, UK (available mid October)
• Vengeance K70 - Cherry MX brown – US, UK (available mid October)
• M65 RGB – black (late November)
(Sorry I don't know how to embed that as a quote like people normally do here.)

Where I get confused is the 11 configurations that are mentioned. I only count the 5 different model-switch combos. What I'm particularly interested in is the K95 with Brown Cherry MX switches, are all of the Vengeance RGB Gaming Series keyboards (K95, K70, and K65) regardless of switch type getting the updated sails logo? Looking at the Corsair site (Attached pictures where the new sails logo is clearly on all keyboard models (from http://www.corsair.com/en/landing/ga...c-backlighting)), this appears to potentially be the case.

Can anyone confirm this or give some insight into it? Corsair reps on here, can you? Any clarification would be much appreciated, because yeah....I'll wait to get the Vengeance K95 RGB with brown switches and the classy sails logo that has always been the mark of your top of the line brand.

Also, the most that I have heard regarding this is that all the Vengeance RGB keyboard model-switch combos are getting the new logo eventually after the release of the Strafe series. But I cannot fully confirm this.

Thanks in advance. And also, thanks Corsair for listening. The new sails logo is as perfect as the classic one!
Attached Images
File Type: png Corsair Keyboards Part I.png (904.9 KB, 325 views)
File Type: png Corsair Keyboards Part II.png (624.4 KB, 625 views)

Last edited by Technobeard; 10-28-2015 at 10:04 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Old 10-28-2015, 06:26 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816819
terabyte Reputation: 44

The post you're quoting is totally out of its context. That post was made last year at the time they changed their sails logo to the new gaming/swords/crab/tramp logo and peoples complained about it. That post was meant to mention the products being produced with both logos, they have since changed again their logo to the "new sails logo" too at this point.

To address your other question: there are indeed 5 models/switches in that list but you must count the layout too, for example the first model/switch combo alone has 3 layouts: US, UK and Nordic.

That said I have seen products with the "new" sails logo pop up around, even on amazon and other retailers so I guess all the old stock with the gaming and "old" sails logo is almost gone everywhere at this point.

Last edited by Technobeard; 10-28-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM
BryanVH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816822

Okay. Thanks. That would definitely account for somewhere between some and most of my confusion then.

So basically, the question is now: Are all of the Vengeance K__ RGB series keyboards shipping with the new sails logo as the attached images of Corsair's site from the first post would seem to indicate?

Old 10-28-2015, 07:36 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816836
terabyte Reputation: 44

The "new" sails logo is indeed showing up around the world so I would say they are already being produced and shipped. If the store you'll buy it from has already the new one is not something we can know though. Your only choice is to contact the shop and ask for the specific part number, then compare it. Or post it here and we can tell you if it's the one for the new logo.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:08 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 816855
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Are all of the Vengeance K__ RGB series keyboards shipping with the new sails logo as the attached images of Corsair's site from the first post would seem to indicate?
The first post is NOT indicating that. A year ago the new sails logo didn't exist. The original quote is referring to the ORIGINAL sails logo.

You'll eventually see more items with the NEW sails logo over time.

The only K95 with Brown switches is this one (with the Corsair Gaming crossed swords logo): http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair...herry-mx-brown

Last edited by Technobeard; 10-28-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:24 AM
BryanVH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816898

Yes. I now understand that the quote is in reference to the change from the classy sails logo to the gaming one. However, the attached pictures from the Corsair site are what seem to indicate that the Vengeance K__ RGB series has been rebranded with the new modern and classy sails logo.

Also, I have since found this (http://www.corsair.com/en/corsair-ga...-ch-9000221-na) in your product page. Can you confirm that this is indeed the Vengeance K95 RGB with Brown Cherry MX switches and the new sails logo?

Last edited by BryanVH; 10-29-2015 at 09:53 AM.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816964
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

CH-9000221-NA = new sails logo

Old 10-29-2015, 02:05 PM
BryanVH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816987

Cool. Thanks!!

Tags