Corsair Community

Did I mis-install the 2nd Commander Pro? Fans not running or lighting on second set

jft1768

I have one Commander Pro hooked into a USB connector on my motherboard. This Commander Pro has one Corsair RGB Fan Hub installed on it in the LED 1 Port. It also has the cable from the front panel of the Corsair 1000D case plugged into LED 2 port.This Commander Pro and the Hub run 3xCorsair ML 140 Pro RGB fans and 2xCorsair ML 120 Pro RGB fans. These fans run fine and the colors flow as expected.

I have a second Commander pro plugged into a USB connector on the 1st Commander Pro. It also has one Corsair RGB Fan Hub installed on it in the LED 1 port of the second Commander Pro. This Commander Pro and it's Hub run 6xCorsair ML 120 Pro RGB fans. However, these fans do not turn, and there is no color turning on either.

my iCue software is version 3.21.88. The Firmware version for the 1000D Case is 0.9.212. Under the 1000D selection in the home menu of the iCue software , under lighting setup, I have selected: Lighting Channel 1 - ML RGB Series Fans - 5 fans are connected; and Lighting Channel 2 - ML RGB Series Fans - 6 fans are connected. Under the performance tab, only 5 fans are shown, Voltage is: 12V - 11.82; 5V - 4.89; 3.3V - 3.33

I have tried plugging the second commander pro into it's own USB connector on the motherboard. I have tried plugging it into the USB connector that the 1st Commander Pro is in. I have tried different power connectors, including the power slot that the first commander is in. On all of these troubleshooting steps, the 1st Commander Pro keeps working, and the second one never does. I even went so far as to go buy a new Commander Pro thinking that the original second Commander Pro I had may have gotten fried somehow. The brand new second Commander Pro does not function either.

I'm at my wits end and need some help. How do I get these front fans to work and light up? :mad:

OK ... iCUE isn't picking up your second Commander Pro. I didn't think it was but wanted to check.

Even without a USB connection, however, the fans should still spin. Since this is the second CoPro that you've had ... I would lean towards some kind of power issue.

Where do you have the SATA power cable for the CoPro plugged in? Any adapters (i.e. Molex to SATA adapter)?