Corsair Community

Is it possible to go to 3200Mhz?

Grid21

Right now I am running 4 sets of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB ram.

Model:CMR16GX4M2C3000C15

It's overclocked using DOCP to 3000Mhz, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to get a set of these to 3200Mhz and if so, what were your voltage, timings, and anything else set at? I have a Ryzen 7 2700 CPU and an Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Motherboard. How could I push the ram further if it's even possible even though DOCP is already enabled.

What is the version of your memory kit?

A full load of ram may reduce the maximum frequency you can attain due to the load on the memory controller.

Here are some helpful links...

- amd-ryzen-memory-tweaking-overclocking-guide

- ryzen-dram- - calculator

See attached Screenshot. That should give you everything you need to know.

NOTE: There are 4 DIMMS of this ram in my slots.

Screenshot_3.png.8cb66195db561195706b9e19b95dd175.png

Generally, yes... a 3000 kit normally can bump up one more standard run with appropriately changed timings. I would try 3200 16-18-18-36 1.35v as a starting point. Let the BIOS pick the secondary and tertiary timings (Auto). You'll have to see if VCCSA or VCCIO voltage needs to be tweaked. Asus boards have a history of massively inflating this value and it is usually better set manually.

However, the one very large catch is a lot of 2000 series processors and 400 series boards hit a brick wall around 3000 MHz on the RAM. Success seems to be very dependent on the board and CPU.