Corsair Community

K55 Keyboard Ripple effect

Jpxq

You can't do it with a k55, K55 is simply three zones.

do you think that maybe corsair can set it to each button different i mean even if you look at the rainbow wave that works so i dont understand why the ripple cant be achieved with it i mean i think it would be just a bit of coding unless it is the fact that there is only 3 diodes which i doubt it looks like there is a diode for each button so in my opinion its just coding but dont quote me on it i might be wrong.

do you think that maybe corsair can set it to each button different i mean even if you look at the rainbow wave that works so i dont understand why the ripple cant be achieved with it i mean i think it would be just a bit of coding unless it is the fact that there is only 3 diodes which i doubt it looks like there is a diode for each button so in my opinion its just coding but dont quote me on it i might be wrong.

Its the way things are wired in the k55 to only do three zones which also makes it much cheaper than individually addressable leds like their more expensive models.

Its the way things are wired in the k55 to only do three zones which also makes it much cheaper than individually addressable leds like their more expensive models.

so in the end i guess the k55 is bad when it comes to lighting? well rip

that also doesnt explain the reason as to why the rainbow wave works since literally almost all of the leds are different colours

that also doesnt explain the reason as to why the rainbow wave works since literally almost all of the leds are different colours

Take a close look at the rainbow. The three zones are individually doing a simple rainbow color shift and it gives the appearance of a nice smooth rainbow wave.

Archived