Corsair Community

Corsair Link Windows 10

Mellouw

I just installed Windows 10 onto my new PC with Corsair H80i Cooler. I downloaded CL software and it says it isn't compatible and such - I already tried compatibility mode and it didn't work.

Is there any CL Beta's for Win 10? Thanks in advance. My machine is like a jet engine when it's under load.

It's not my idea, i have also read it in an other win10 topic here, but here you go there is a workaround:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link

Make a copy of CorsairLink.exe and Rename it CorsairLink1.exe.

Make a shortcut to your desktop of the CorsairLink1.exe

Now you can acces it, and modify settings inside the software, while Corsair makes an official version for win10.

P.S: If you want to disable the default corsair link startup program which causes you the compatibility issue message every time you start your PC then:

Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Task Scheduler search on the list "Start Corsair Link", right click and click disable.

• 1 month later...

YES, for sure.

I'd suggest you take a look at this thread, Dustin confirms Windows 10 CL compatibility is coming:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=142066

And in this post Dustin confirms something much better. Corsair Link should improve greatly in the next iterations, new team...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=786542&postcount=13

P.S: lol Ray, we answered at the same time :-)

Great, thanks.

Maybe someone could let Google know as searches only bring up this work around. Which I did try and had it working until restart.

Think I'll give windows 10 a couple of months to be patched before switching lol.

Sorry to be negative, the products are great.. Until there is a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
So there will be a new Windows 10 compatible version of the software?

I can't believe I keep spending money on Corsair products with this level of support -.-

Hey the hardware is fine, its the software thats bleeped up most of the time ^^

I bet they just tookd the software from the commander link and made some changes to use it with the watercoolers instead of making cl from scratch

It's not my idea, i have also read it in an other win10 topic here, but here you go there is a workaround:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link

Make a copy of CorsairLink.exe and Rename it CorsairLink1.exe.

Make a shortcut to your desktop of the CorsairLink1.exe

Now you can acces it, and modify settings inside the software, while Corsair makes an official version for win10.

P.S: If you want to disable the default corsair link startup program which causes you the compatibility issue message every time you start your PC then:

Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Task Scheduler search on the list "Start Corsair Link", right click and click disable.

Your work around did the trick for all the beta builds. I did the TH1 10240 beta RTM on 07/16/2015 and even with your 'tricks', while I can get CL to run, none of the Corsair devices show up. I tried shutting down, unplugging the USB, restarting, shutting down, plugging in the USB and restarting. No Bueno.

I just tried CL v3.1.5667 on W10 Build 10240 and got as below. To get this I did:

1. Run CL - it starts OK
  2. Exit CL
  3. Run CL - I get as below

I feel Corsair still have some way to go in terms of software testing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22211&stc=1&d=1437493968

Note I used SIV64X -NOLINK so that CL and SIV can both to safely active at the same time.

REG.thumb.png.0ab6c3f9d896e769e925d52454353f07.png

• Corsair Employee
Win 10 support was working on earlier builds when we updated the CPUID SDK for Win 10. With the current build some of our prebuilt DLL's are causing problems. We know the issue and have a solution in the works. We will work to have a released solution by the 29th.

CL v3.1.5667 on W10 Build 10240 here. Installed OK, runs OK, lists all my hardware and monitors OK, only 1 problem, my 860i is missing from the list, lol, the main thing I installed it for!? :biggrin:

http://i.imgur.com/6OBKONt.png

Archived