Corsair Community

Cosair Link not showing H100i

segasage

As the title says Corsair link doesn't recognize h100i it also shows that my cpu is running at -1.0°

I've tried to switch headers and re-installed Corsair link and edited my registry and still no luck, Can anyone recommend anything else I can try?

Corsair LINK and Windows 8.1 are not a good match, there are still many bugs with the LINK software causing it not to operate properly.

If the LINK doesn't recognizing the H100

>Disconnect all USB attached devices including the mini USB cable for the H100

>boot to BIOS turn off all legacy USB device (Windows 8.1 needs UEFI drivers)

>reboot computer to desktop without USB devices connected

>shutdown computer

>reattach the mini USB cable for H100

>reboot computer to desktop (if the LINK still fails to recognize, you will need to remove LINK software with all folders including app data and repeat the process).

Do as stealthgaming says... and you can also try another thing:

If you have Corsair Link installed and you have any device on Windows Device Manager showing an exclamation sign, try to update the driver of that/those devices manually and point Windows to search for new drivers on Corsair Link installation folder. It worked for me and my H80i GT on Windows 8.1 when i had the same symptoms you have.

Corsair Link would still not read my CPU Temp properly, but that is a very well known "bug" of Corsair Link. It's amazing that the most basic/important function of Corsair Link does not work and it is only considered "a bug". It's a deal breaking malfunction/bad design/whatever... but certainly is something more than a bug when it makes the whole point of the software unusable. My motherboard is a well known, good selling, X79 chipset enthusiast mobo from the biggest seller/manufacturer of motherboards in the world (ASUS Rampage IV Extreme) and there is no excuse for this software not to work with my motherboard sensors. I've also tried other sensor reporting programs and they all work flawlessly with my mobo. Wake up Corsair!!! A solution to this Corsair Link crappy software that can't even read CPU temp sensor properly on enthusiast motherboards is more than needed, and it is not due for today or yesterday, but a lot sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

I know about the bug appearing only on localized versions of Windows, and i've already read several times that a new version is in the works to fix it. But it is a deal stopper bug, it makes the whole software unusable, and since it has been identified for some time now i really can't understand why is taking so long to fix it or why don't you just simply release a patch for us, non US customers, to fix this localization bug. We should not have to wait for a whole new version to be released to get the software we paid for working properly. It can't be too hard to solve the localization problem, i'd bet the software guys already have it perfectly identified and solved, so... why don't just release a small patch for international users???

I bought my 2 AIO coolers (H80i+H80i GT) not long ago and i've already decided not to buy another Corsair product related to link (i was going to replace my HX1000 PSU with an AX1200i) because of my experience with Corsair software.

Dustin, I know you're not responsible for all these software problems, and I really appreciate the good communication you have with all of us. You have my kudos on that :-). If i could tell all these things to the software guys i would not be here bothering you and you really should not be blamed for anything, from my point of view you're doing a great job here at the forums which is something not easy at all, specially when you have these software problems and so many people upset about them. If you need someone to beta test the patch for the localization problem or if there's something i can do to help you put some pressure on the software guys to speed up the process of solving this issue, please, tell me! I'd be really glad to help you. Thanks for your time, your patience and your good will to help us, it is not going unnoticed.

*English is not my native language, so i'd like to apologize for all the mistakes i sure have made writing here in the forums and the posible misunderstandings that might arise from them.

I am also having the same problem with a few exceptions. Corsair Link shows that it is running minimized but I can not get it to open to view or change any settings.

I am running the Corsair H100i with Windows 8.1 with an AMD FX-8350 CPU not overclocked on an Asus Crosshair V Formula Z Motherboard.

If you click the little "Up Arrow" in the bottom right of the Taskbar it will show you all the programs that are running on startup of Windows. Corsair Link is one of those programs. I can Right Click on it and a Menu comes up with options but when I try to click any of those options the Corsair Link software never opens up to allow me to view or do anything. I had this problem also with Windows 8 and decided to run it again with 8.1 and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately no. You can wait and wait and nothing ever opens. It does appear that it is monitoring fans that are hooked up to the MB and the CPU temperature when you right click it in the Taskbar "Up Arrow" but it never actually opens on the Desktop allowing you to do anything. I did notice that it does not appear to see the H100i setup though. It just sees the MB Fans, my Video Card and does detect the CPU temp. It does not show the H100i anywhere.

Hello,

Yes it does. It has done this both with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

All of the hardware in the computer is High End Name Brand Components. The computer works Great with the exception to the Corsair Link software. We even tried making sure that we opened the software with Admin rights, we have installed and re-installed. We have upgraded to newer versions, we have done clean installs with clean OS and etc. The only time it ever worked was when we were running Windows 7. As soon as we went to Windows 8 and 8.1 was when the issue arose.

Dustin, i suppose you just forgot because you are very busy, i sent you my mail address by PM a few days ago, minutes after you told me you would send me the beta for the localized Windows versions bug, but i have not received anything yet... could you please check your private messages and send me the beta software? Thanks in advance.

Archived