Corsair Community

H100i Platinum SE Zero rpm

kamka427

Hey,

I recently got my first Corsair aio and I'm not sure when the fans should turn on with the iCue Zero rpm preset. My highest liquid temp was 49 C° without the fans turning on. If I set a custom fan curve with the fan rpm 0 at the lowest temps, it works as I'd expect.

Is this a normal behavior for the factory setting? Any help is appreciated.

That should not happen. There was some debate about the exact turn on point for various coolers, but it should be between 35C and most definitely at 40C. I find it worrisome if it doesn’t click on until 40-something H100i Plat. Temp.

I am not an advocate of the zero fan mode even when it is working as expected. Your ML fans can run extremely low around 400 rpm and at that very quiet level at least you get some small measure of airflow and cooling. When the fans are off, you build up a noticeable temp penalty and when you hit that 40C threshold the fans will come on like a freight train and stay on until you cool off. I would much prefer to keep the fans and temps lower from the start and under control. That eliminates the emergency fan blast that is not consistent with the low noise goal. Zero fan modes can work, but are better with very large custom cooling systems that both hold and dissipate the build up with less noise and temp penalties.

Make your own custom curve (Performance tab, +) and pin the fans down at 400 rpm for as long as you want. Then ramp up the speed at your safety point. The difference is since the fans are already running, they won't have to do the power on blast like when starting from zero rpm. It should also keep you a few degrees cooler at 400 vs 0 in the interim and perhaps prevent it from reaching the fan blast threshold.