The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2019, 05:08 PM
realBizzaro's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027265
realBizzaro Reputation: 10
Default ram red triangle in icue

brand new system, clean methodical install of everything. windows updated and patched. installed icue with no issues. i did not install link as i read the newer icue superceded the old link software.

im going to short version this. you can read my ire below if you want but all i want is a 100%, a repeatable and verified method to get icue to recognize ram. repeatable and verified.

now for the long version...

there is nothing on this system yet except chrome, windows, newest nvidia drivers, and.....icue. ive got the k95 platinum, the h150i aio, the mouse and an h1200i psu sitting on the corsair mouse mat. the meg ace x570 doesnt have enough usb headers to handle all of that so i had to leave the psu out of the icue loop. its platinum certified so i have to trust it and i can get general info with other apps anyway.

first off, corsair customer service is bad enough to cause a knee jerk reaction of returning everything i just bought. over 30 minutes on hold and then a message saying, we dont care about you, we disrespect you personally and by extension the money you paid us, we hate you and we are going to drop the call to make sure you know all of that. you are welcome to call back and experience the same treatment as often as you would like.

thats ok, build enough computers and you know you are on your own most if not all of the time. but next one wont have any corsair in it. i dont know how the fcc lets you get away with dropping people but thats outside the scope of why your software wont recognize your ram....

so before posting i read all the highly technical suggestions littered over various threads. reinstall cue. kill the processes and force it to rescan devices, and my favorite, unplug it all and plug it back in.

let me start by saying i went through all that, not because i believed any of it would matter, but because i wanted to say, i did that.

so here we are, several years into customers saying loudly and often that the software sucks, and the software still sucks even in a full corsair environment. why would you not hire competent people to code this mess? why would you ignore your customers for so long? why do you charge so much for items and then make it our responsibility to fiddle and mess with it for hours, eventually giving up, searching for a forum, only to find JV suggestions about JV software? and unrelated, but im butthurt about it so ill throw it in here, the h150i rgb is not rgb except for the heatsink. the fans are not rgb, however i did spend another 112.00 on 3 pretty corsair fans, only to find if you plug them into the aio fan slots, you cant control the fans nor the colors. only by going through the node will they work.

so im asking for somebody who knows 100%, a repeatable and verified method to get icue to recognize ram. repeatable and verified.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:22 PM

POST ID # = 1027276
Zulliz Reputation: 10

Im having same issue since installing iCue 3.23.66, no more rgb control over the RAM. Never had this issue before, but installing that update broke something.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:25 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027282
solarity Reputation: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulliz View Post
Im having same issue since installing iCue 3.23.66, no more rgb control over the RAM. Never had this issue before, but installing that update broke something.
Does it not show up at all in iCUE or does it show up, but not controllable?

Close iCUE and restart it and let me know if that is a temp fix. I have encountered the same issue on one of my PCs, that is how I fix the break light/red triangle temporarily. I reported the issue to Corsair and I need to try a few more things.

Update: removing RGB Fusion/MB software resolves the issue for me completely.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.

Last edited by solarity; 12-12-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:06 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027298
DevBiker Reputation: 94

which fans and which cooler do you have? Because what you said about not being able to control them - at least the speed - doesn't sound right.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 12-13-2019, 04:06 AM

POST ID # = 1027319

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
Does it not show up at all in iCUE or does it show up, but not controllable?

Close iCUE and restart it and let me know if that is a temp fix. I have encountered the same issue on one of my PCs, that is how I fix the break light/red triangle temporarily. I reported the issue to Corsair and I need to try a few more things.

Update: removing RGB Fusion/MB software resolves the issue for me completely.
Closing and restarting iCue gives me the same result, can see the ram with red triangle and no rgb control. Will look into rgb fusion when i get home, but im pretty sure its already uninstalled since its so bad.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:20 AM

POST ID # = 1027328

Nothing worked, went back to icue version 3.22.74 and everything works as it should again. So something is bugged in the new software.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:55 PM

POST ID # = 1027374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulliz View Post
Nothing worked, went back to icue version 3.22.74 and everything works as it should again. So something is bugged in the new software.
Never mind, it has started acting up again, dunno what to do now.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:35 PM
badomen24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027620
badomen24 Reputation: 10

I am having the same/similar problem. I had a red triangle on my memory and when I restarted iCUE it disappeared completely. I've rebooted since and it still doesn't show up. Was working fine before.
I have Vengence RGB Pro RAM.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:27 PM
Croak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027623
Croak Reputation: 10

Just noticed the same problem myself with Vengeance Pro RGB, running 3.23.66. Worked fine before.

EDIT: And solved it by doing a forced firmware update on the RAM. All good now.