Corsair Community

iCue detected as cheater software?

Monster.fx

Hi guys.

Recently i was banned from Star Wars Battlefront 2 for cheating/hack sospect.

I don't use any type of exploit, and i read in more forum that keyboard and mouse software are detected as malicious software.

First sospension i had was after uninstall CUE and install new iCUE.

With iCUE i not use macro.

It's possible?

I write to EA but have not yet responded.

Other players with same problem?

That is surprising. Bans can happen for a lot of reasons. Did you ask them to review the case or provide you details? The other thing is if you did or do use even repeating input macros, it can be detected in a couple ways simulated input, which they may frown upon or restrict the use of. I don't have that game (I think I played it on a PS4 once tho seems fun), but if you tell them you're a legit player, you might have some release of the ban?

That is surprising. Bans can happen for a lot of reasons. Did you ask them to review the case or provide you details? The other thing is if you did or do use even repeating input macros, it can be detected in a couple ways simulated input, which they may frown upon or restrict the use of. I don't have that game (I think I played it on a PS4 once tho seems fun), but if you tell them you're a legit player, you might have some release of the ban?

I asked from the first suspension, at the end of June, specific information about their suspicion of hacking and they answered me in a very evasive way, that they can not communicate their internal controls.

I know I'm clean, otherwise I'd be stupid to ask for feedback.

I gave the most total availability even to make a control of my pc remotely, but still nothing today.

the only thing I did was to have the mouse assigned commands normally assigned to the keyboard. for example the letter "E" to the G1 key of the mouse (I have a G502). but this remapping is feasible also from the game.

I am good player, but not cheater.

I'm a senior moderator on the official Star Wars Battlefront 2 forum and I use iCUE myself. I've not seen any reports of iCUE being the reason of a person being banned in Battlefront 2. I'll dig a little bit though. Edited by Carbonic

I'm a senior moderator on the official Star Wars Battlefront 2 forum and I use iCUE myself. I've not seen any reports of iCUE being the reason of a person being banned in Battlefront 2. I'll dig a little bit though.

Thanks Carbonic.

If you can help me, I will thank you for life.

I write on forum and moderator reply to contact EA support.

I open 4 tickets on EA support unanswered, or in an evasive way, they closed the practice and told me that they could not provide me with other explanations.

In the end, I received an email saying to send a message to lets_talk@ea.com, if I felt that suspension was not right.

I have send 2 mails but I have not received any answers. I have also given full availability to connect to my PC.

I do not know what else to do, and this silence from a company like EA annoys me.

Maybe it's not the Corsair software but the Logitech software. But anyway I do not use macro. I repeat both use them to manage RGB lighting.

What do you suggest?

Thanks for all.

lets_talk@ea.com is being phased out as you can also see on https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/ which explains how you are supposed to appeal bans.

Opening 4 tickets is a bad idea as you are basically spamming EA. It only makes you seem guilty as people using cheats that are caught are encouraged by the cheat manufactures to complain to publishers and in public about false cheat detection.

You make 1 ticket, providing all the information you can, and then you wait patiently.

Logitech hardware and software is definitely tested and don't cause issues. It was even used when they showed new content at EA Play 2018. Corsair is also so big that it's tested and if you don't even use macros then I highly doubt Corsair software or hardware has any false detections either. I and my EA contact can't find any reports about any issues either.

The most likely thing that has happened is that you have cheated or broken the Terms Of Service somehow. Typically it's your account being insecure and was hacked (lack of 2 factor authentication) or you lend your account to a sibling/friend that have then cheated/verbally abused someone or you have used not allowed mods.

In any case, that's what I can do for now, if I hear anything new I will return.

Edited by Carbonic

Thanks for all.

I wrote to lets_talk@ea.com because I received an email telling me to write to that address.

But do they answer? And how long? To date, after more than 10 days, I have not received any answers.

I only sent 3 tickets (July 10, July 31 and August 7), where in the first I asked for information related to my suspension, closed by writing that I did not comply with the EULA of EA, the second I sent when they totally banned me and l 'They closed by telling me that they can not let me know about their internal practices.

The third, not having received exhaustive answers to the previous ticket, I asked again info and I was closed as "solved" with the usual phrase of that JoyceD telling me that I have not respected the EULA EA.

After the suspension, having the doubt the problem was to have given the "cheater" to players who entered the middle of the game and ended with 45 kills succeeding in shooting from the most unthinkable, I preferred not to speak in the internal chat. But with all this I was definitely banned.

The images that are attached are mine, very simple, configurations that I use in game.

SWB2_Action_profiles.jpg

SWB2_action_profiles_-_Logitech.jpg

SWB2_effects_profiles.jpg

However it is absurd that the EA does not communicate exactly what "crime" I have committed, not allowing me in any way to defend myself.

Having paid for a game, and not being able to play because I have not respected the EULA for them is a scam. They could do the same thing to so many people so their word is against ours.

I have given and will give full availability for further checks, but I know for sure that now I threw some money because they will not respond to anyone.

If they told me (or had told me from the first suspension) that I was wrong to use terms in chat, or else, I would accept it.

Edited by Monster.fx

Ironic because BATTLE EYE for ARMA 3 also says it's cheat software and blocks it from loading headset still works because I use Teamspeak but why does it see it as cheat software

Thats real funny because i've never had an issue with Arma 3 with any of the cue software and A3 is basically all i play.

• 1 year later...

I know it’s a year old post but I just wanted to tell that I got permanent ban from Battleye for using iCue while playing PUBG.

I deleted the software and I still use Corsair mouse which I truly love.

So, lesson: do not use any enhancement software on your gaming pc even if it’s just for cosmetics like ambient lighting and such!

I know it’s a year old post but I just wanted to tell that I got permanent ban from Battleye for using iCue while playing PUBG.

I deleted the software and I still use Corsair mouse which I truly love.

So, lesson: do not use any enhancement software on your gaming pc even if it’s just for cosmetics like ambient lighting and such!

Chances are you have something else running, I've been playing Pubg for a long time, with iCue and haven't been banned.