Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2018, 08:32 PM
WhackOBill's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942578
WhackOBill Reputation: 10
Default No power out in LINK w/ AX1500i

I'm running Link 4.9.5.25 (also tried the prior version) and I can't get Link to display the power out overall or for the 12V rail even though it shows 12V and 10A on the 12V rail.

Win10Pro/64-bit on ASRock X299 Taichi FW 1.70 running on i7-7820X w/ 32GB of 3200CL14 ram.

Screen Shot

Old 03-11-2018, 11:50 PM
NecroSavant's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944404
NecroSavant Reputation: 10

Corsair Link 4 is really weird.

I installed it to control my H115i Pro AIO and my ML140 and ML120 fans, and everything seemed to be working fine.

A couple of days later, i click on it to change some setting and this happens!

Now everytime i reinstall (when i'm able to) it works fine, reboot, and this thing happens again.

Any idea of what this might be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29060211_10155112170271150_7617446417210300933_o.jpg (178.5 KB, 230 views)

Old 03-12-2018, 12:02 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944405
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroSavant View Post
Corsair Link 4 is really weird.

I installed it to control my H115i Pro AIO and my ML140 and ML120 fans, and everything seemed to be working fine.

A couple of days later, i click on it to change some setting and this happens!

Now everytime i reinstall (when i'm able to) it works fine, reboot, and this thing happens again.

Any idea of what this might be?
We've been seeing this relatively frequently with this version for some reason. What seems to work is to Exit Link (using the icon in the System Tray) and then make sure that you stop the Link service (either in services or on Task Manager). Then restart.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 03-12-2018, 12:05 AM
NecroSavant's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944406
NecroSavant Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
We've been seeing this relatively frequently with this version for some reason. What seems to work is to Exit Link (using the icon in the System Tray) and then make sure that you stop the Link service (either in services or on Task Manager). Then restart.
I'm sorry to say that even that doesn't work, i tried that before, i even tried uninstalling (when it would let me, otherwise would have to use a program like TotalUninstaller to completely wipe the program out), then reinstall the program to make it work.

Then on a reboot the same problem would occur.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:50 AM
skizott's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944596
skizott Reputation: 10

CorsairLink4.exe is still crashing with OOME. Yes, I have three AMD R9 480s but you can see that in my profile. Running Win 10 PRO x64 build 1709 with latest patches.
CLLink: 4.9.5.25
Windows 10 Pro 1709
Build 16299.251
AMD Radeon Settings: 18.3.1
Tried multiple of CPUID SDK to no avail.
I have noticed that 4.9.5.25 is no longer available for download.
While I am certain the reason for removal has been documented here, in the forum, I have not been diligent enough to scour the posts for such information.
I'd take on a more negative and challenging tone except for the fact that there has been feedback, information, and guidance from devbiker. The fact that we have someone responding and acknowledging product issues is the only reason I have not flipped out that would warrant banning as Corsair has, seemingly or allegedly, done to RedRay.
That said, let us continue to be a voice to Corsair that there are many issues with the Link software that seem egregious and flippant. I understand there is a desire to be first-to-market...but at the cost of quality...at the cost of loyalty? That is a terrible business model and I have stated as much in the past in this forum. My hope is, with the recent seemingly honest engagement with devbiker, that there is a renewed spirit of concern and quality in the Corsair brand and products, including Link. I sincerely hope the product manager for Link and Cue take our combined feedback into consideration.

Last edited by skizott; 03-13-2018 at 02:52 AM.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:43 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944628

skizott ... Question for you ... what happens if you rename CPUIDSDK.dll to something like CPUIDSDK.dl_?
This will eliminate monitoring of any non-Link system parameters (so ... CPU, motherboard, GPU, memory, etc) but it may get you past the constant OOME's.

And yes, the PM's do listen, even if they don't always post on here. In their defense, they have a tough task because of the wide range of variability in hardware and setups out there that aren't always reproducible in the lab. There are also time and resource constraints to balance with marketing requirements as not only is Corsair constantly releasing new products, but so are other vendors - last year being something of a banner year for new platforms (Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake, Ryzen, Threadripper, Vega).

That said, I totally get your frustration with the AMD GPU issue. It's been ongoing and I'm hoping that we'll soon have a better resolution to it.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 03-15-2018, 06:10 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944947
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizott View Post
I'd take on a more negative and challenging tone except for the fact that there has been feedback, information, and guidance from devbiker. The fact that we have someone responding and acknowledging product issues is the only reason I have not flipped out that would warrant banning as Corsair has, seemingly or allegedly, done to RedRay...

...My hope is, with the recent seemingly honest engagement with devbiker, that there is a renewed spirit of concern and quality in the Corsair brand and products, including Link. I sincerely hope the product manager for Link and Cue take our combined feedback into consideration.
Yes Ray was banned. I can confirm that as directly from the horse's mouth. When Corsair made the decision to abandon the Mutex interlock that enabled Link to run concurrently with SIV (and HWiNFO, and AIDA64, and other monitoring software), things between Corsair and Ray went down hill quick. He is still out there, with his own forum, still improving SIV, though with less focus on controlling Corsair Link products. There is only one Red Ray, which may be seen as a good thing, depending on your opinion of him. I am lucky because we have stayed in touch, so I still have access to his expertise, and he has helped me immensely with many different issues.

Since those days, Devbiker and Zotty have really stepped up to the plate here on this forum. Between them, they respond to most of the posts here now. Corsair was doing it for a short while, but that seems to have slacked off again. As for Link, it seems to be as buggy as ever, with old issues still not resolved and new ones appearing with every release. I gave up on Link long ago, so I don't have much to contribute here to all the Link bug posts. I just use SIV and it works perfectly - always, and that is all there is to that.

YMMV...

Old 03-16-2018, 02:42 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945055
donalgodon Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
Yes Ray was banned. I can confirm that as directly from the horse's mouth. When Corsair made the decision to abandon the Mutex interlock that enabled Link to run concurrently with SIV (and HWiNFO, and AIDA64, and other monitoring software), things between Corsair and Ray went down hill quick. He is still out there, with his own forum, still improving SIV, though with less focus on controlling Corsair Link products. There is only one Red Ray, which may be seen as a good thing, depending on your opinion of him. I am lucky because we have stayed in touch, so I still have access to his expertise, and he has helped me immensely with many different issues.

Since those days, Devbiker and Zotty have really stepped up to the plate here on this forum. Between them, they respond to most of the posts here now. Corsair was doing it for a short while, but that seems to have slacked off again. As for Link, it seems to be as buggy as ever, with old issues still not resolved and new ones appearing with every release. I gave up on Link long ago, so I don't have much to contribute here to all the Link bug posts. I just use SIV and it works perfectly - always, and that is all there is to that.

YMMV...
What's SIV?

Old 03-17-2018, 06:39 PM
screwtech02's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945230
screwtech02 Reputation: 10

Google SIV monitoring.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:12 AM

POST ID # = 945279
Flourgrader Reputation: 10

I Wanted to start a new thread not very obvious on this forum !

Hi Guys,
Just got my brand spanking new pc
It has a Maximus X Hero (WI-FI AC) M/B
Liquid Cooled Intel I7 8700K CPU
By H100i V2 system ( build ) 4.9.5.25
I am trying to understand the software, the top section which refers to the Motherboard,
the Temp #1 to Temp #7.
Which sections of the motherboard or components are each individual Temp # referring to?
Can someone give me a list please Temp #1 = ???
And so on.
It would be well appreciated.
Thank You.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:23 PM

POST ID # = 945364
SVDW91 Reputation: 10

Hello guys
I finished my new gaming rig this weekend.
After setting up all the software I was playing around with Link to adjust my Vengeance RGB memory.
I noticed that the light are still active (solid or pulse) when my PC is in sleep/standby mode.
Is there any solution to turn off the lights on the RAM modules when the PC is in sleep/standby mode?
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-19-2018, 05:19 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945549
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
What's SIV?
SIV stands for System Information Viewer. It's a VERY powerful system monitoring utility. The author of SIV got frustrated with the bugs in Corsair Link so decided to reverse engineer the control protocols and add support of Link products to SIV. Though Link seems to finally be getting better, there is still quite a long list of unresolved bugs, which are the source of most posts on this forum. SIV is ROCK solid.

SIV was never developed solely to control Link products. In fact, this capability makes up only a small percentage of the total SIV code. SIV was also never intended to be "eye candy" with a slick GUI that includes a picture of your case. Navigating through SIV's labyrinth of menus can be confusing but there is a very helpful guide available for download on the SIV site. I personally keep a SIV cheat sheet to help me find some of the more obscure features.

Regarding control of Link devices - SIV can do everything Link can do except software control of LEDs, which means it can't do some of the new patterns released for the LL series fans. SIV can control more LEDs than Link but is ultimately limited by Corsair firmware in the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro. SIV can also do some things that Link can't, like combine different temperature sources into "Synthetic Temps". This allows multiple temperatures to be combined, with the highest value used as the control variable.

SIV is most definitely not for everyone, and certainly not for the casual user who wants to spend 10 minutes fooling with their fans. If you are willing to invest the time, SIV is a great alternate to Link. In fact, for control of Link products, it is the only alternative. For me, it works great. YMMV.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:32 PM
Gunhildo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945564
Gunhildo Reputation: 10

may i suggest to enable a way to set the orientation of the fan for sequence animation? cuz i had to fully rotate an LL for the correct animation eg. ping pong.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:48 PM
firerx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945706
firerx Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Tried it. Done it.

I run my 7700K @ 5.1 Ghz. All of the time. I needed CPU Temp(which works in Link) and coolant temp. I guess you didn't look at the hardware specs?

Nothing else was required.
Hell I'd be happy if I can get that to work. all I want is my pump cpu temp and fan speed working again.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:29 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945720

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerx View Post
Hell I'd be happy if I can get that to work. all I want is my pump cpu temp and fan speed working again.
I notice that you have an EVGA GPU. Are you running EVGA XOC? If so, disable it. It has known issues with Link.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Closed Thread