The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 08:17 AM
Bezerker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777558
Bezerker Reputation: 10
Question Transition effects for switching between different profiles?

Hey all,

Ive been trying to get some sort of decent lighting effects to happen once during an automatic profile switch and so far i can only find the way to start a one time only effect when initiating a profile.

The issue i have is that the old profile just always gets turned off like a light which just looks weird.
Is there anything im overlooking?
To give an simple example to what im looking for if that is somewhat unclear is to have the current profile fade away to lights off and the new profile fade in.

It has to adaptive regardless of what profile came before so programming the entire old profile into the new one to transition it into a different layout is not an option as ill be using more then just 2 profiles.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:56 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
krazykid's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777561
krazykid Reputation: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezerker View Post
Hey all,

Ive been trying to get some sort of decent lighting effects to happen once during an automatic profile switch and so far i can only find the way to start a one time only effect when initiating a profile.

The issue i have is that the old profile just always gets turned off like a light which just looks weird.
Is there anything im overlooking?
To give an simple example to what im looking for if that is somewhat unclear is to have the current profile fade away to lights off and the new profile fade in.

It has to adaptive regardless of what profile came before so programming the entire old profile into the new one to transition it into a different layout is not an option as ill be using more then just 2 profiles.
Not possible at the moment.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:13 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777566
Elestriel Reputation: 43

You could create a third, in-between profile, which fades from the first one to the second one. When you switch profiles, that one gets switched to and then a macro can switch you to the next one after however long your fade is.

It wouldn't actually fade from one to the other, but it would start looking more or less like your first and end looking more or less like the second. Of course, if you're using one of those super rainbows or other obnoxious effects as opposed to a more static one, that won't work at all.

I hope that's clear, haha!

Last edited by Elestriel; 05-06-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:15 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
krazykid's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777567
krazykid Reputation: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestriel View Post
You could create a third, in-between profile, which fades from the first one to the second one. When you switch profiles, that one gets switched to and then a macro can switch you to the next one after however long your fade is.

I hope that's clear, haha!
That would still look weird, I think corsair should add this to the engine tho, would be such a cool feature.

Last edited by krazykid; 05-06-2015 at 09:17 AM.