Prerequisites:

Turn off fast startup in BIOS?: YES

Turn off fast startup in WINDOWS?: YES

DISABLE HXCI in BIOS? YES

Does USBDeView show NoPRO connected with a green dot? YES

NoPro Firmware wipe? YES

Complete iCUE reinstall? YES

Relevant Information:

MOBO: ROG Crosshair Hero VI (ONE usb 2.0 header)

Windows Version: 10 Home, Build 1909

iCUE Software Version: 3.23.66

Corsair Products:

• H115i PRO
  • Lighting Node PRO
  • x3 LL120 RGB (connected to NoPRO)

As previously stated, my current MOBO only has ONE USB2.0 internal header. Because of this, I need to use a USB2.0 Extender (That is the one I purchased). The H115i PRO IS detected by iCUE when either directly connected to the MOBO or the extender. The NoPRO on the other hand is detected by USBDeView when either directly connected to the MOBO or the extender, but fails to be detected by the iCUE software when connected to the extender. I'm at the point of believing that this is an oversight in iCUE software... Any more information/operations that you all would like me to try, I would gladly give a shot.

Edited by MrBraydogg
Youtube link made the post messy. Added windows and iCue versions.

Does iCUE detect the LNP when it's connected to the motherboard?

Does iCUE detect the LNP when the cooler is not connected to the USB extender? (It's OK - the cooler will still work w/o the USB connection.)

And ... here's what might be happening ...

Did you know that the LNP's microcontroller is powered by USB? It is. Even without SATA power, if just the USB is plugged in, iCUE will pick up the LNP. But ... that's an unpowered hub. It only uses the power from the header, which is 500mA, between all of the ports on the hub. So each device on the hub gets less power. And the LNP isn't getting enough. The answers to the above questions will service to confirm this hypothesis (or not).

Does iCUE detect the LNP when it's connected to the motherboard?

Yes.

Does iCUE detect the LNP when the cooler is not connected to the USB extender? (It's OK - the cooler will still work w/o the USB connection.)

No, iCUE does not detect the LNP when its connected to the extender by itself.

Did you know that the LNP's microcontroller is powered by USB? It is. Even without SATA power, if just the USB is plugged in, iCUE will pick up the LNP. But ... that's an unpowered hub. It only uses the power from the header, which is 500mA, between all of the ports on the hub. So each device on the hub gets less power. And the LNP isn't getting enough. The answers to the above questions will service to confirm this hypothesis (or not).

This part is where i was going with my hypothesis as well... until I did some digging into USBDeView and found that the device is displaying an output of 50mA when connected to the extender... suffice to say that may be the problem. Then I plugged the LNP straight to the MOBO header, and USBDeView persisted to display LNP with an output of 50mA...

DevB, in most of these senarios, is it common ground to use NZXT's device for my issue?

Not sure if it's 'common ground' but lots of folks use it. I got it specifically because it's a powered hub.

And I'm not sure how accurate the device power reading is in USBDeView or where it comes from. I do know that it's not necessarily the actual power draw for the device.

Not sure if it's 'common ground' but lots of folks use it. I got it specifically because it's a powered hub.

And I'm not sure how accurate the device power reading is in USBDeView or where it comes from. I do know that it's not necessarily the actual power draw for the device.

Just purchased that hub for myself. Considering everything is being detected properly I'm sure power draw is the issue. I will update & hopefully seal this post when its on my rig in two days :biggrin:. Thanks for your input DevB, & all the help you bring.