Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2019, 02:02 AM
badomen24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024177
badomen24 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by badomen24 View Post
For what it's worth, I have since replaced my motherboard because of other upgrades i was doing and I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers. I am plugged into a usb 3 port on the motherboard directly and so far for the past 2 nights I haven't had the same audio scratchiness as before.

It is only the 2nd day I have started using them though so we shall see.

I did notice at one point all sound and mic stopped communicating for 2-3 seconds - but that only happened once.
Apparently I spoke too soon, my sound went all crackles again, and the only audio source was chatting with friends on Discord. I'm starting to wonder if maybe it is a problem with Discord, as when this happened previously I was generally playing co-op Ghost Recon with a friend.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:18 AM

POST ID # = 1024535
-jamez- Reputation: 10

Just picked myself up a pair of the Virtuoso SE coming from Astro A50's. Absolutely love them so far except for a couple of things.

1. Comfort. The ear cups are way too shallow and i wear headphones more than 7hrs a day due to work. After a couple of hours there are some clear pressure points which sucks because the A50's i could comfortably wear indefinitely. Would be great if we could get thicker cups to help alleviate this.

2. Sound quality is AMAZING coming from the Astro's... except the 7.1 Surround is horrid. Sounds really tinny/artificial/muffled. Hard to describe. Which would have been fine had i been able to use Dolby Atmos, but apparently iCue is blocking this.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:56 PM
DX3M's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024611
DX3M Reputation: 10
Big Grin fix for dolby atmos, no limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBhamm View Post

- Dolby atmos doesnt work with the corsair Drivers. (its a shame let us use what we want :) ) we bought the license you have to pay nothing to dolby then.
I have found a way to make ANY corsair headset work flawlessly with dolby atmos & icue, without any conflicts, every feature of any of the tools work just fine together.

the following steps are with the assumption both icue and headsets were already installed. (but that doesn't matter too much really)
Also mind I use another language so translations of some of the steps aren't accurate to some extend.

1. first of all open your iCUE tool > go to settings > disable "start on system startup" AND CLOSE ICUE!

2. open "device manager" > "Sound devices" > rightclick your corsair headset > properties > drivers > remove device

3. open "control panel" > "devices and printers" > rightclick your corsair headset > remove device

4. reboot

5. the following step might not be necessary for you (so go to step 6 first) but it was for me and is a bit odd = repeat step 2 and 3 (do not reboot) and in device manager, rightclick anywhere and pick, scan for changed devices (so it owould reinstall the drivers)

6. open the dolby atmos app, configure your headset

7. rightclick your sound icon (make sure the headset is selected) in the taskbar (next to the clock) > spatial sound > enable dolby atmos for headphones

8. open icue test if, everything works like it normally does > go back to sttings, enable start on system startup

9. Enjoy surround like it should, enjoy massive sound improvement for music even on surround if you like, or games/movies (for the virtuoso dolby atmos is a must, the 7.1 feature from the virtuoso is at this time imo a disaster for media. With my void pro, dolby was already a feature in icue but not configurable like in atmos.

10. reboot and you'll see everything works perfectly together.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:31 PM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024618
KBhamm Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX3M View Post
I have found a way to make ANY corsair headset work flawlessly with dolby atmos & icue, without any conflicts, every feature of any of the tools work just fine together.

the following steps are with the assumption both icue and headsets were already installed. (but that doesn't matter too much really)
Also mind I use another language so translations of some of the steps aren't accurate to some extend.

1. first of all open your iCUE tool > go to settings > disable "start on system startup" AND CLOSE ICUE!

2. open "device manager" > "Sound devices" > rightclick your corsair headset > properties > drivers > remove device

3. open "control panel" > "devices and printers" > rightclick your corsair headset > remove device

4. reboot

5. the following step might not be necessary for you (so go to step 6 first) but it was for me and is a bit odd = repeat step 2 and 3 (do not reboot) and in device manager, rightclick anywhere and pick, scan for changed devices (so it owould reinstall the drivers)

7. rightclick your sound icon (make sure the headset is selected) in the taskbar (next to the clock) > spatial sound > enable dolby atmos for headphones

8. open icue test if, everything works like it normally does > go back to sttings, enable start on system startup

9. Enjoy surround like it should, enjoy massive sound improvement for music even on surround if you like, or games/movies (for the virtuoso dolby atmos is a must, the 7.1 feature from the virtuoso is at this time imo a disaster for media. With my void pro, dolby was already a feature in icue but not configurable like in atmos.

DUDE thats not a new way... thats the way you stole under his youtube video. he is member of this forum lol :P we posted this workaround a few times now :P you answered my comment under his video BTW.

Last edited by KBhamm; 11-20-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:12 PM

POST ID # = 1024630
-jamez- Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX3M View Post

4. reboot

Okay followed the above and that seems to work. Only issue I can see with this is that windows is reading that the headphones are now in 2 Channel 16bit 48khz instead of 8 Channel 24bit 96khz. Changing it disables Atmos apparently.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:00 PM

POST ID # = 1024731
TheMaskedShadow Reputation: 10

Is this thread still being monitored/checked by Corsair as a compound list of issues for the Virtuoso

Old 11-22-2019, 08:04 AM

POST ID # = 1024826
mauroms Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windu91 View Post
I have been having the same problem with them on my ps4 got these yesterday and playing fallen order been having the same problem every 5-10 minutes the sound cutting out and then coming back.
Probably, but I don't think they are taking very serious. It's an unfortunate but I ended up returning mine as kept disconnecting and I wasn't going to wait until it passed the returning date to see if they were going to fix or not.
Even the support person that I spoke with said it was better to get it replaced, but I opted for returning.
So I'm looking for a new one, unfortunately from another brand.

Old 11-22-2019, 12:59 PM

POST ID # = 1024850
makkish Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkish View Post
I have a question regarding the microphone.

Does anybody have issues when you are talking loud or near screaming (screaming like you're mad or happy in a game) that the microphone sparks/cracks? I noticed this on my new headset since I use sidtone.

I then recorded my self talking/screaming louder and it is really there. I also hear it when I listen to the recording with other headphones (Hyper X Cloud Flight). The other headsets microphone does not behave like this.

I've tried different distances from my mouth, different mic volumes and different USB ports.
Ok, now I'm on my third headset. This means I have returned two before. The same thing happens with these. It's starting to get ridiculous.

Whats going on Corsair?

Old 11-22-2019, 10:39 PM

POST ID # = 1024909
Hedobang Reputation: 10

about this cracking sound issue. i faced it during my first use. i was playing and streaming game. I suspect it was streamlab issue coz that app allows you to change the source(the mic and the output). so i stopped the app, rebooted the pc.

after reboot, i turned on the headset first, start game, start streamlab, select my source accordingly . no more cracking sound.

i believe discord allow u to select the source, so you might want to check that.

i will continue to test this on other games.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:48 PM

POST ID # = 1024910
Hedobang Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ady1976 View Post
I had exactly the same issues as your having, I've sent it back now and happily using my Logitech G935 for 4 days with 0 issues, them headsets are flawed big time.
logitech made the worst mic. i have the G350. i have made a comparison video on virtuso vs logitech

Old 11-24-2019, 11:25 PM
coachwill's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025090
coachwill Reputation: 10

Had the Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE for a little over a week and earlier today the sound was working perfectly. I noticed that the headset needed to be charged so I connected the USB cable and then had to leave for a few hours. When I came home I got on the computer and connected started listening to music and noticed a cracking sound in the headphones. All lights appeared to be correct and nothing was showing bad on the iCUE headphone tab in there. I then connected to TeamSpeak to get some feedback from my buddies but I couldn't hear them over all the cracking sounds when they were talking. They messaged me and said I sounded fine but each time they talked the sounds came in like they were all cracking and scratchy. Tried to listen to Pandora and same result and the same in games. Attempting to reboot and if that doesn't work then I guess I will uninstall and try it again a few times and that does not cure the issue I will return it for a refund and get my money back for it and try some other brands headset.

Old 11-29-2019, 11:25 AM

POST ID # = 1025616
Berleburg Reputation: 10

I have noticed how the EQ settings have no effect when I use my Virtuoso in wireless mode. When I switch to cabled mode, the EQ settings immediately start working and I can switch between them. In wireless mode, when I switch between them, the audio quality is unchanged and seems to stay flat.

Has anyone encountered this? I've tried forcing a FW update, to not avail. I'm not sure if this is how they are supposed to work or not, given there's obviously a bandwidth difference between wired and wireless mode.

Old 11-29-2019, 11:44 AM

POST ID # = 1025621
Berleburg Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berleburg View Post
I have noticed how the EQ settings have no effect when I use my Virtuoso in wireless mode. When I switch to cabled mode, the EQ settings immediately start working and I can switch between them. In wireless mode, when I switch between them, the audio quality is unchanged and seems to stay flat.

Has anyone encountered this? I've tried forcing a FW update, to not avail. I'm not sure if this is how they are supposed to work or not, given there's obviously a bandwidth difference between wired and wireless mode.
Okay, so I actually fixed it by uninstalling iCUE completely, and re-installing it.
Just wasn't keen on doing so since I have to set up my fan curve profiles all over again.

Old 11-30-2019, 12:45 AM

POST ID # = 1025698
FaxMeChicken Reputation: 10
Default Icue

I would like to see any easier way to change Audio Preset setting. Maybe a way to change audio presets with key-bind. For instance i have the K95 Plat and could put it on my G Key. If there is something like that, that already exists and i haven't found it yet. Someone show me how please.

Old 12-01-2019, 01:43 PM
andyvee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025876
andyvee Reputation: 10

Hi all,

Just got this headset (SE) today and one issue :-

When connected to any wall charger in usb mode the headset appears dead , no charging light of any kind is lit . If connected to PC and Cue is running then it charges fine .

Headset and dongle updated to latest available as is cue , using same lead that came with the headset .

Any ideas ( coming from V2100's that were great but after 7 or so years there starting to fall apart )

Ok , edit , after leaving them for half hour or so plugged into pc , I removed them , connected them to wall charger in usb mode and then they started to charge so now there working .
Reading the posts and FAQ's I see this issue was meant to be patched out in new firmware but it appears to still be there , are these headsets stable yet or is this is to be expected ?

Further update .
After using them last night , I plugged them into a mains adaptor this morning to leave them to charge and again nothing from the headset .
I then connected them via USB to the PC and turned on wireless ands they started to charge .
After a few minutes I removed them , put them back into USB mode ( off ) , connected them to the mains charger and again they have started to charge so this seems to be repeatable behaviour .

Can someone advise if they have the same behaviour or if these are faulty and I should return as they are only 1 day old .

Last edited by andyvee; 12-02-2019 at 05:26 AM.