Corsair Community

Corsair Link and H100i V2

Dominator01

I just turned my computer on this morning to find out that my Corsair H100i V2 watercooler is not active in Corsair Link like it was last night. It shows CPU, RAM, SSD, GPU, but my H100i V2 watercooler. Also the two fans on the radiator aren't turning on or running at what they should be. Does anybody know what to do? I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cables from the water block to the USB on the motherboard, but still doesn't work. Do i have to go through an RMA for this? So Corsair Link doesn't recognize my watercooler and the fans aren't operating as they should, i don't know.

https://imgur.com/a/VqhnE

If it's not showing in Link, how do you know that the fans aren't turning "like they should"? If they aren't turning at all, it's possible that you don't have the fan powered correctly (see http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=168801). I cannot even begin to stress how important it is to set that fan header to 100%.

Now ... if they are turning, check in Device Manager, under USB Connections for "Corsair USBXp Driver". Disable it and then re-enable it. That usually does the trick; it should show right up in Link.

You can also ensure that any custom settings and/or fan curves operate when Link isn't running by going to Options ... Devices and clicking on "Use current settings as default" under the H80i V2.

If it's not showing in Link, how do you know that the fans aren't turning "like they should"? If they aren't turning at all, it's possible that you don't have the fan powered correctly (see http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=168801). I cannot even begin to stress how important it is to set that fan header to 100%.

Now ... if they are turning, check in Device Manager, under USB Connections for "Corsair USBXp Driver". Disable it and then re-enable it. That usually does the trick; it should show right up in Link.

You can also ensure that any custom settings and/or fan curves operate when Link isn't running by going to Options ... Devices and clicking on "Use current settings as default" under the H80i V2.

Okay, i just went into Device Manager and there was a problem with Corsair USBXp Driver. It was disabled. Now i have no clue how that turned out to be but once i enabled it the fans are operating at the right RPM and it's showing up in Corsair Link. Thank you so much for your reply, you nailed it.

Okay, i just went into Device Manager and there was a problem with Corsair USBXp Driver. It was disabled. Now i have no clue how that turned out to be but once i enabled it the fans are operating at the right RPM and it's showing up in Corsair Link. Thank you so much for your reply, you nailed it.

Just out of interest,, installed any new Drivers of late? specifically GFX?

head to Device Manager/Universal Serial Bus Controllers and look for the Corsair USBXp driver, Even if it is present and enabled, disable/re-enable and see if that helps.

You were right on the money MR. Thanks for the help, i thought i was going to be opening an RMA for this and was about to start taking the water cooler out and reinstalling my old Hyper 212 Evo again. You were right again, i'm a little crazy too, LOL!!!!

You were right on the money MR. Thanks for the help, i thought i was going to be opening an RMA for this and was about to start taking the water cooler out and reinstalling my old Hyper 212 Evo again. You were right again, i'm a little crazy too, LOL!!!!

Great Stuff.. glad You're sorted bud... I have a Hyper 212 Evo on my desk as a 'Modern Sculpture' lol.. you just never know when they might be needed!

Just out of interest,, installed any new Drivers of late? specifically GFX?

I've been installing nVIDIA Drivers from y graphic card for awhile now and never had any issues with my water cooler. Been installing drivers for the GTX 1070 since late 2016 when i got it. I literally don't have a clue what could of caused this but maybe somehow someone hacked my computer or something. I was trying to disable that usb and it will not allow me to disable it because it will re-enable automatically, so i still don't know how it was disabled.

Zotty, this is for you, hehe....

[ame]

[/ame]

Archived