Corsair Community

Changing just mouse or keyboard profile without altering fans or lighting?

Deam

The short version of the question is: Can you change just the mouse or keyboard profile while leaving the lighting and fan setttings as they currently are?

The long version:

I've just done a rather abrupt case and peripheral upgrade including ML 120RGB fans, lighting strips, a K95 Platinum keyboard and Nightsword mouse. I was able to get everything setup up without issue and have started trying to get my head around profiles.

I'm likely a very "low end" user of iCue, as I intially I primarily want to leave my fan speed control and lighting the same (with being able to turn the lights on or off), while changing the mouse profile between Windows and game uses.

From what I have read (and what it appears), in order to change any key binding with the mouse (or keyboard), I have to set up a new profile that also deals with the fans, lights, peripherals, etc. I know you can just copy the full profiles as a starting point.

I'll give a specific example: I am okay with the mouse binds as they are (with the back and forth mouse buttons, bindable in game), but want to be able to change the sniper button on the mouse to be the "show desktop" action in Windows, but back to sniper while playing a game. I'm okay to manually change the profile using a keyboard button rather than setting them up with .exes, for the time being.

So, to confirm, if I want to be able to go back and forth between the two basic mouse profiles, I have to set up a "full" profile that has the mouse profile as well as associated lighting and fan speeds? And then I would have to have 4 "full profiles" for these two mouse profiles, so each one has a lights on or off profile? Or is there a way to rotate between mouse or keyboard profiles while leaving the lighting and fans in whatever state they are in.

I assume this gets more complicated as my desire for lighting patterns changes over time.

Thank you for the input/assistance.

I completely get where you are coming from but I don't have the answer that you want. Unfortunately, the profiles are an all-inclusive thing. There aren't separate profiles per device.

Ideally, I'd like to have (at least) separate profiles for "DIY" devices (inside the box - so ligthing, fans, etc) and "HID" devices (outside-the-box peripherals). But one of the challenges is how to make that in such a way that it's not overly confusing.

Thank you for the quick response! I had assumed it was this way by design (or requirement), but was just looking to confirm so that I didn't start the process of creating the profiles only to discover it was unnecessary. They copy profile feature obviously helps out significantly in this regard.