Corsair Community

Corsair RGB hub, only 1 out of the 6 seem to work

PeggedPigeon01

Corsair Crystal 570X case, Corsair 360mm Radiator, 6 x LL Series 120mm fans plugged into a RGB hub with the power plugs going into a 10 port fan hub. All fans spin up but do not light up tho.

The RGB hub is plugged into a Lighting Node Pro (channel 1)

Out of the 6 ports of the RGB hub, only the 1st port seems to be working. Every other 5 ports do not seem to be working.

I have gone through each fan's rgb plug & tested them in the 1st port & all fan's RGB's are workring via just the 1st port. If I plug another rgb plug IE: fan 2 into the 2nd rgb port, the fan does not light up. If I plug this fan 2 into the 1st rgb port it lights up.

I have tried a 2nd RGB hub with the same results. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

I had a similar issue when I finally got my new build up.

Which are you using Link or iQue for lighting control

I had installed iQue and found the solution was simple....

The first Fan had lit up and the rest were like yours .....

All I had to do was go into iQue select the CoPro to configure, it showed only the ONE Fan, I just had to click the "+" box and voila, the fans lit up

CHEERS Zotty,

I'll uninstall corsair link, install iCue & see what I can find

Good luck on your quest dude...

I run 4 Node Pro's and a Commander Pro so you should have no issues with iCue seeing all your devices

Hey there brother. I appologise for the long time in replying, but this current moment was the only chance I have had to get on the kid's computer as mine is still not playing ball.

After looking around iCue, I am still having the same issues. I believe that I have added everything that needed to be added, but the problem still remains with fans not lighting up......

I have 8 LL series RGB fans running through a Thermal***e 10 port powered fan hub.

Icue detected the AIO cooler, the power supply & 2 Lighting Node Pro

The first Corsair RGB fan hub has 6 LL series fans for the radiator. This RGB Hub connects into LED 1 of the 1st Lightning Node Pro. The remaing 2 LL fans on the 2nd RGB fan hub plug into LED 2. None of the 6 rad fans light up. They are spiining but not lighting up.

The 2nd Lighting Node Pro has 1 RGB Light Strip plugged into LED 1 & another RGB strip plugged into LED 2. The RGB strip that's plugged into LED 1 does not light up

I hope that this gives a better understanding.

CHEERS

1) Have you tried rearranging the LL fans on the fan hub that doesn't work? How about if you plug in those fans to the other hub? Any difference?

2) What happens if you attach the non-working LED strip to the working LED strip?

Finally ... can you post config.cuecfg from %AppData%\Corsair\Cue?

to all whom have left replies it is greatly appreciated.

I have only just been able to get online. I have found what was causing my problems.

After gutting most of my pc, I found the very first fan of the 6 LL 120's I have on my radiator had a non-connecting wire in the 1st of the 4 wires that go to the RGB plug. So in actual fact there was only 3 out of the 4 wires that were good.

I replaced the faulty fan with a brand new fan & was able to set everything up with iCue & all is good

This forum has a great lot of people here & kudos to those that helped.

On another issue, I have a rear 140mm ML series fan as an exhaust & is plugged in to the board's fan header, but this fan spins very slowly & does not light up at all. Any ideas?

CHEERS to all

On another issue, I have a rear 140mm ML series fan as an exhaust & is plugged in to the board's fan header, but this fan spins very slowly & does not light up at all. Any ideas?

CHEERS to all

That sounds like it's not getting enough voltage. Is the fan header 3-pin or 4-pin? Is it set to DC mode or PWM mode?

You want a 4-pin connection and to have it set to PWM mode.

Archived