Corsair Community

Asus A8nsli-premium and Corsair XMS Xpert pc3200 1024mb

rym

Hi! this is my first post to the forums (sorry for not properly introducing myself in another post!) and i really hope you can help me.

I've been having a lot of problems with my pc lately, which mostly consist of random crashes. Many random crashes. I have narrowed it down to my ram, and I think it started since i flashed my bios. Now i read somewhere, and i think it was on these forums, that sometimes the default/auto settings in your bios can be off, causing your system to be unstable. So my question to you guys would be.. can you help me to properly configure my ram. As in, default, stable settings. I'll attach an image of my bios. This is pretty much my last hope. If it's not this I'll be off to buy a new mobo/ram/psu

*hysterical voice* Help me ramguy!

By the way I have two xms xpert pc3200 512 mb sticks working in dual channel. if i take one out (either one) my pc is stable.

**edit

I guess for better support I can elaborate further on my problem.

Right now I've been running on a clean winxp pro. and as I said I'm having random crashes. They're random as in sometimes my pc is stable for a week and on other days it'll crash at least 14 times. When debugging you'll see they're 'IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL (a)' errors. As i said if i take one stick out, either stick, my pc will run stable. However if place one, or two sticks in my B slots my windows wont boot at all. One stick in slot A and one in slot B (so 2x in single channel) will also cause windows to cease booting. I'll get BSOD's at startup. I know this probably indicates a faulty mobo but i hope my previous suggested solution would work.

**edit2

I'd like to thank you wired. As i suspected this was the source of my problems and my pc seems to be stable now. Thank you!

DSC_5799.thumb.JPG.5a40def722dfaddc7ac995a2ec33f426.JPG

Ok, so it's a TWINX1024XP-3200XL pack. I've updated your specs to clarify this.

FYI, that's the part #, v1.2 is the version #, and 0527138-1 is the LOT number.

Try this:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2

Row Precharge (tRP): 2

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5

Memory Voltage: 2.7-2.8 Volts (Warrantied up to, but not over, 2.90 volts)

All other settings to defaults.

Source: Corsair XMS Qualification and Testing Information

Archived