Corsair Community

Cracking "endcap" of the tubing on a H100i (pic included), reason for RMA?

Mathragh

Hello peoples, I might have a problem with my H100i, but before I make a support ticket I thought I'd ask here first.

During a regular cleaning sweep today i noticed that the "cap" at both ends of both water tubes was broken.

Nothing is leaking (as far as i can see) and temperatures are still fine. However this might indicate iminent failure or might perhaps be a reason for an RMA?

See attachment for a picture of the problem, you can vaguely see the same thing on the other tube attached to the radiator on that picture as well.

1483194799_H100itubing.thumb.png.99f82c8e437bc63e8495bd389af7f475.png

Hello peoples, I might have a problem with my H100i, but before I make a support ticket I thought I'd ask here first.

During a regular cleaning sweep today i noticed that the "cap" at both ends of both water tubes was broken.

Nothing is leaking (as far as i can see) and temperatures are still fine. However this might indicate iminent failure or might perhaps be a reason for an RMA?

See attachment for a picture of the problem, you can vaguely see the same thing on the other tube attached to the radiator on that picture as well.

The Caps are cosmetic, so as long as you see no fluid around the top then you are good too go. You could always use a bit of super glue and stick it together. Or RMA the unit, the choice is yours.

I had the same thing happen on my old H 100, just super glued it and it's still ok after 2.5 years.

The above is definitely true and there is no need for immediate worry. The cap is meant to protect the actual vulnerable spot underneath. However, if it starts to become a bother, you can file a help ticket and Corsair generally will take care of the issue under the warranty terms.

Archived