Corsair Community

M95/K95 First Day Issues

Sabrewulf

I just bought a K95/M95 combo because I love Corsair products. This is the first day using them and am already having issues.

First issue was, my K95 keyboard did not sit well on my desk (wobbly). I tried with the wrist rest, and the legs down and the keyboard kept wobbling when I used it. I read other peoples problems and having to RMA their keyboards and I really didn't want to go that route...

I ended up taking the keyboard and physically twisting it with a lot of force, almost like I was trying to break it and finally it shaped up and is resting flat on my glass desk top. No more wobbling, no need to RMA. I was really uncomfortable doing that, but now it feels right. Maybe the metal just needed a bit of flexing.

The next part was to set up my mouse properly so I could play World of Warcraft again. I rely on some repeat macros to spam certain abilities to make playing a bit easier, which is why I bought this mouse because it has more buttons than my Logitech G9 mouse. The software was very complicated at first, but after watching some youtube tutorial videos, I finally figured it out. I decided I would try to make a macro that repeats 0 and 9 keypresses on one of the buttons. I was finally able to do that, but when I tried it in game, nothing would happen.

I spoke to some other gamers that had gaming mouses and quickly figured out that the software was using the 0 and 9 from the KEYPAD instead of the ones above the QWERTY keys. Since World of Warcraft can differentiate between the two, nothing happened because my abilities aren't setup to use the KEYPAD numbers. I was able to test the theory by holding SHIFT and pressing the button on my mouse and instead of doing ( and ) it did PgUp and Insert. I also noticed that sometimes the macro button on the mouse would get stuck in repeat and would keep repeating 0 over and over. It wouldn't stop until id pressed it a few times.

I went out to eat with my wife, and when I came back, tried recording the macro again and now it works... just like magic. What is going on here? I didn't do anything different, why the sudden change? Did i scare my mouse when I forcefully bent my keyboard and it decided to start working properly? LOL

Anyways, I just wanted to post in case other people are having issues and feel brave. I was able to fix things myself and hopefully the software for the keyboard/mouse won't be as buggy in future releases.

I just bought a K95/M95 combo because I love Corsair products. This is the first day using them and am already having issues.

First issue was, my K95 keyboard did not sit well on my desk (wobbly). I tried with the wrist rest, and the legs down and the keyboard kept wobbling when I used it. I read other peoples problems and having to RMA their keyboards and I really didn't want to go that route...

I ended up taking the keyboard and physically twisting it with a lot of force, almost like I was trying to break it and finally it shaped up and is resting flat on my glass desk top. No more wobbling, no need to RMA. I was really uncomfortable doing that, but now it feels right. Maybe the metal just needed a bit of flexing.

The next part was to set up my mouse properly so I could play World of Warcraft again. I rely on some repeat macros to spam certain abilities to make playing a bit easier, which is why I bought this mouse because it has more buttons than my Logitech G9 mouse. The software was very complicated at first, but after watching some youtube tutorial videos, I finally figured it out. I decided I would try to make a macro that repeats 0 and 9 keypresses on one of the buttons. I was finally able to do that, but when I tried it in game, nothing would happen.

I spoke to some other gamers that had gaming mouses and quickly figured out that the software was using the 0 and 9 from the KEYPAD instead of the ones above the QWERTY keys. Since World of Warcraft can differentiate between the two, nothing happened because my abilities aren't setup to use the KEYPAD numbers. I was able to test the theory by holding SHIFT and pressing the button on my mouse and instead of doing ( and ) it did PgUp and Insert. I also noticed that sometimes the macro button on the mouse would get stuck in repeat and would keep repeating 0 over and over. It wouldn't stop until id pressed it a few times.

I went out to eat with my wife, and when I came back, tried recording the macro again and now it works... just like magic. What is going on here? I didn't do anything different, why the sudden change? Did i scare my mouse when I forcefully bent my keyboard and it decided to start working properly? LOL

Anyways, I just wanted to post in case other people are having issues and feel brave. I was able to fix things myself and hopefully the software for the keyboard/mouse won't be as buggy in future releases.

my k95 doesnt have any problems (ALOT of people are saying things about it being wobbly/off balance, maybe im lucky XD)

Anyway, for BOTH the mouse and keyboard macros to work properly, you NEED to have them set up in "hardware playback" mode.

Its the ONLY way in which macros will always work in games.

Go into the corsair software, and in the bottom right, select "hardware playback".

Now there is a downside to this. When in hardware playback mode, EVERY time you change a macro or button, or switch profiles for different games, you MUST go to the profile page, and then click "save to xxx".

It will then save and you can now use it in game.

With the K95 and M95 they hasve the ability to change profiles vias hardware buttons (like the keyboard has M1 M2 M3 to have 3 different sets) and i think the m95 has 3 or 5 profiles you can set up.

You8 have to click on that profile to set that profile up. Now as confusing as it may sound, saving ONE profile to the mouse, saves all the different hardware profiles.

So if you make a profile named WoW, you can set up M1,M2 and M3 profiles on your keyboard for the one WoW profile. And you only need to save it once for all 3 of those profiles to save to WoW profile (again any changes to any of them require a re-save to update it to being usable by the kb/mouse).

And its the same for the mouse, you can physically change to the different profiles on the mouse using the profile switch button, and you can save each of those to the WoW profile and switch between them w/o having to click save on the software again.

So this does kind of make the "load this profile when this game is launched" feature useless, since even if you switch to the other profile, you still have to click "save to xxx" for it to actually change to the profile in the hardware internal memory.

Archived