Corsair Community

Profiles regular vs advanced mode

So I tried downloading a few profiles form corsairs website and had issues trying to get them to work. Then I saw someone suggest to switch CUE to advanced to get them to work and then the lights turned on. But... If I leave advanced switched on then my other profiles dont light up when they switch. Is there some trick to this that I dont know?

So I tried downloading a few profiles form corsairs website and had issues trying to get them to work. Then I saw someone suggest to switch CUE to advanced to get them to work and then the lights turned on. But... If I leave advanced switched on then my other profiles dont light up when they switch. Is there some trick to this that I dont know?

Standard mode is just for the preset effects. Like Visor and all that.. Advanced is so you can switch over to user made stuff like my profiles and Schwitz profiles, also Lupo Marcio has been making some cool stuff ;)

Standard mode can be used to combine preset effects. Like Visor and all that.. If your existing definitions are only on basic, then you are limiting yourself to a few profiles from Corsair's website that have lighting effect definitions in standard mode, such as my Order versus Chaos profile.

A good way to preview whether a profile has useful definitions in Advanced or in Standard mode are to use CUE 2's RGB Share feature, accessible from the "Download Custom Profiles" menu shown when you click your profile on the upper-left of the CUE 2 screen. When previewing a profile, switch the mode back and forth between Advanced and Basic.

Generally, I define all my own profiles to be useful both in Standard and Advanced mode, but not all profile creators do this, and most of them choose to work only in Advanced mode.

Archived