Corsair Community

How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?

aaronth07

I'm getting this install when trying to update Windows 10:

https://i.imgur.com/Jm1SAz4.png

How do I disable this? According this forum, this is a feature in Windows Update to "unlock the full potential of their device" (from support employee). The thing is, I have NO Corsair hardware, and Corsair's VBus driver has bricked my computer into a boot loop multiple times before, and I have to remove it using command prompt through recovery to even start my computer. It also prevents updates from installing. I have specifically uninstalled this driver so that I can properly update my computer, yet it keeps getting installed every time.

Please, someone tell me how to simply disable this "feature", that happens to be active without any Corsair devices and bricks my computer. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump, I really need a solution to this problem. This driver has already 100% bricked my computer into a bootloop before and prevented Windows updates from installing, and yet no supply from Corsair report?

Look, I don't even care about the driver, I just want to know how to remove it from automatically installing through Windows Update. I don't have any Corsair devices (though I did, if it matters), so it shouldn't automatically install. Someone, please help.

Uncheck the option in Windows update to install 3rd party drivers/software. That one is under your control, as is allowing Windows to automatically install anything. I am not sure why it thinks it needs to install a software package from 16 months ago, but that seems like a Windows glitch. If it were trying to install the current version, the number would be 3.30 or 3.31. You may also want to find an article directing how to repair the Windows Update Program. It shouldn't be trying to force an update that only existed for a few months a year and a half ago. Corsair does not include iCUE in the Windows update program any longer and only did so for a short period of time back around those dates. Edited by c-attack