Corsair Community

Lighting Node CORE not detected in iCue

Mark-McG

Hi all,

I have just completed a custom water-cooling system using Hydro X parts and 6 QL120 RGB Fans connected to a commander pro and a lighting node core

Currently the setup is:

• Commander Pro is powering the fans and pump. (working well)
  • LED1 on Commander has the Hydro X Pump, CPU & GFX card connection via daisy chain (working well)
  • LED2 on Commander has two LED strips connected via Daisy chain (working well)
  • Lighting node is connected to SATA power and the USB connector into the commander pro. (Not working)

The fans do light up and the lights switch off when removed from the node core but the node core does not show in iCue and therefore I cant change the lighting. They are stuck on rainbow.

Can anyone help, maybe I'm missing something silly?

Thanks, Mark

hey buddy.. firstly is make sure its on its pins properly at the Commander Pro.. very easy to miss align..... and also firmly pushed in... it happens ;)...

Second... have you tried it on another usb header or indeed using a standard mini usb cable to your rear io to confirm its not the cable?

hey buddy.. firstly is make sure its on its pins properly at the Commander Pro.. very easy to miss align..... and also firmly pushed in... it happens ;)...

Second... have you tried it on another usb header or indeed using a standard mini usb cable to your rear io to confirm its not the cable?

Thanks for the reply!

I have just double and triple checked that its aligned and pushed in so all good on that front.

Unfortunatley my board (Mini DTX) only has one usb header which is being taken by the commander pro. How would I do the second test as the USB cable coming out of the node core only has an end to connect to a header, not sure how I would connect to a cable?

do you have a mini usb cable to hand?.. cameras etc used to use them.. mini use one and and usb type A the other...

Sorry I dont think I explained myself too well,

So I have one of those cables and I understand that the usb type A would go to my motherboard IO... But what would I plug the mini usb into? The node core doesnt have a port on it, the cable comes straight out the plastic box?

oh.. no.. My bad.. i did an assUme dang... yeah node core is internal 9 pin usb.

ok.. for testing. have you tried it direct to motherboard in place of the copro?

if it does fire up.. maybe source one of those NZXT internal usb hubs?...

but. CoPro should allow it to pass through...

Edited by Zotty

oh.. no.. My bad.. i did an assUme dang... yeah node core is internal 9 pin usb.

ok.. for testing. have you tried it direct to motherboard in place of the copro?

if it does fire up.. maybe source one of those NZXT internal usb hubs?...

but. CoPro should allow it to pass through...

Thanks for this, I got an NZXT hub and thats solved it. No idea why my commander wasnt passing it through but its fixed now and I have some more usb headroom for the future :)

Thanks for your help!