Corsair Community

Void wireless - not turning on/off, having to update firmware all the time

jeremyroad

Hello - I seem to be having an issue with the VOID PRO RGB Wireless headset regarding on/off issues. Now I've skimmed through a lot of threads with people regarding the same issue so I might of missed some important information but all of the things I've read so far doesn't seem to help, so I'll explain what's going on briefly with my particular problem:

-Headset turned off randomly mid-use.

-When plugged in, there's a slow phasing orange/amber colour on the infomic.

-On/off button doesn't work.

-CUE settings says the headset is not connected even though it is.

-The only way I can get the headset to actually turn on is when I do the 'update firmware' thing on CUE, but at that point if I unplug the USB cable from the headset, it turns off again. When I plug it back in, the amber colour is phasing again on the infomic, thus meaning I have to repeat updating the firmware whenever the headset turns off on it's own or when the cable's unplugged.

-Even after I update the firmware, the lighting is set to the rainbow pulse effect when it should be set to the charging lighting setting which confuses me.

-I can't put it in pairing mode either.

-It's still detectable in both Playback and Recording Devices and it's coming up as a Corsair device in Devices and Printers rather than an Avnera AV6302 device so it's not in bootloader mode.

I mean, really I could turn off the auto-shutoff option in the settings and always have the headset plugged in and left on so I never have to annoyingly update the firmware all the time, but buying the headset for the wireless feature was ideally the main reason as to why I purchased it.

Honestly, it's probably something simple like the headset is damaged or I'm just an idiot and it's a very easy fix haha.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sounds like it might be an issue with the headset itself if the on/off button does not work.

You'll want to contact your retailer and see whether they can replace the headset for you or request an RMA to replace it via Corsair.

https://support.corsair.com/

Thanks for the reply.

Surely there's something else going on than just the on/off button though? I probably should of mentioned this before but this is the third time this issue has occurred. The first two times it broke, the headset just happened to fix itself somehow after a few weeks and when it does, the on/off button is completely functional again. This time, it's been over a month or so and it's still not working. If it were just the on/off button, it would be charging normally, still able to stay on when it's unplugged and not have to update the firmware every time I want to use it.

But idk, if nothing helps then I'll probably see if I could get it replaced; seems like the easiest thing to do at this point.

Archived