Corsair Community

R120 Wakeup issues and not detected on reboot

utrulez

Hi, I've made a new setup(check specs) and used a R120 as the OS drive.

Installation went well and everything was working. The first time the computer went into sleep and i came back to it, windows came back but i couldn't do any action without getting error messages. On reboot, the drive was not detected anymore. I had to do a cold boot to get back my drive, but the sequence of drive gets moved around and i have to reboot using F8.

My problem is that everytime my computer goes to sleep, I lose the hdd and it is no longer detected. Do i have a defective drive?

Hi utrulez

There's a fairly long history to this type of issue, when you have a moment please take a read through this thread (R120) and this thread (R60).

There are quite a number of us that are awaiting some sort of resolution. Feel free to comment in the above threads and keep them alive.

Corsair, however, claims not to be able to duplicate the problem... :dunno:

We have not be able to recreate any of these problems in our Lab. That does not mean there is not an issue only that it has not been recreated in a controlled environment.

[/Quote]

-while those of us, those who choose to take the time to post here (excluding the numbers of people - which I presume *are* numerous - who have read articles documenting the problem, have read these and other forum posts and returned the product or have decided not to purchase the R-series models and those that read this and haven't registered and commented [please do!] ) from various countries on different O/S and hardware configurations - both Intel and AMD chipset based - are duplicating the problem on a daily basis. :rant:

If you could please provide the following information for Corsair's review and lab testing, it would be appreciated:

If you have an issue with one of our Reactor drives then please do the following:

This information will be helpful to isolate the problem, some of which may be in your system information but check it and update as needed. And post any added information please this will help us greatly... I need more help from you (all) to isolate the problems and then we can find a solution.

1. Brief description of the problem. (Example: Random DSOD, Randomly not detected on cold/warm Boot)

2. Drive Part number and Lot code, and Firmware version installed.

3. Make and model of MB, and BIOS Version installed.

4. Controller used and the driver version installed (Example; SATA 1-4 Intel 9.6.1001)

5. Windows Version and any Service Packs installed. Example (Windows 7 Ult 64 Bit SP1)

[/Quote]

Kind regards

~Angst~

aka Milton0727

I've read about the other issues now. I'll get the info for you ram guy. I'm going to have to ask my client to bring back the tower. What i'm wondering is is there any way to get it exchanged for another series that seems to work, like the P128? I have several P64 that I use that work wonderfully and i've been using P series for clients for a while now. I had just switched to Reactor since it wasn't in stock at Supercom(canadian supplier). If i'd bought it for me, I wouldn't mind, but that's not the case.

Let me know what we can work out and i'll check with my client to get those infos.

Archived