Corsair Community

Music PC

stuartfox

I have build a Music / audio PC specifically for the job and would like some memory tips.

Its an intel p4 D core 3.0

Asus P5wdm2 m/b

2 gigs Corsair DDR2 mem (2x1gig)

I'd like to add more memory - Seeing as win32 will only see 3.5gig, do I a) get annother 2x1 pair and go over (the asus board might slow the whole lot down though??) or do I get a 512 pair. What do you suggest?

Also any bios tips to get the most out of my existing memory.

Thanks

Stuart

I have build a Music / audio PC specifically for the job and would like some memory tips.

Its an intel p4 D core 3.0

Asus P5wdm2 m/b

2 gigs Corsair DDR2 mem (2x1gig)

I'd like to add more memory - Seeing as win32 will only see 3.5gig, do I a) get annother 2x1 pair and go over (the asus board might slow the whole lot down though??) or do I get a 512 pair. What do you suggest?

Also any bios tips to get the most out of my existing memory.

Thanks

Stuart

We do digital video editing/production. One good tip I have used is to put your Windows paging file on a physically seperate HD from the system HD. If you are running your OS and apps from your system drive, then it helps reduce I/O lag to put the paging activity onto a seperate drive.

Are you actually seeing situations where you are physically out of memory? I agree with CMC Savage, you won't benefit from any more RAM.

Mike.

Archived