Corsair Community

Corsair VOID bricked

shaneboy888

I was having issues with my headset crackling and cutting out, so I decided to update the firmware. When the update finshed, it said that the update could not sucessfully update. I try to turn on the headset and nothing happens. I try to put it in bootloader mode and take it out of bootloader mode and nothing happens. There's no lights on the headset turning on. Now when I try to update the firmware, it won't even detect it on the USB. I've tried moving the USB cable, updating CUE, and restarting my computer, all of which have failed.

When you put the headset into bootloader mode, Windows should see the device as an Avnera device.

If you don't see it in Devices or Printers (Control Panel), or there is a unknown device, try a different computer and see whether that works.

When you put the headset into bootloader mode, Windows should see the device as an Avnera device.

If you don't see it in Devices or Printers (Control Panel), or there is a unknown device, try a different computer and see whether that works.

The thing is, when I try to plug in the USB to other ports, windows doesn't recognize it. It'll recognize it as an unknown device, but still won't work. I also don't have access to multiple computers.

UPDATE: It seems to be the drivers. I uninstalled the wireless dongle driver and now it is recognized by windows. However, when I plug in the headset with the charging cable, it appears as an unknown device. How would I go about uninstalled the VOID's drivers?

I fixed the issue. I unplugged the headset from the charging cable. I usually just left it wired and plugged it into the USB. I took the headset off and only plugged in the charging cable, then put the headset onto the charging cable. That managed to make my computer recognize it. Thanks for your help though!

Archived