Corsair Community

H100i Platinum

Church420

Recently found there was a firmware update for my pump ram and lighting control through ICUE. Everything went smoothly then after i realized my temps were 3 degrees higher. I know the pump speed was reduced but i always ran it at 2500rpm. Now on extreme its 2800rpm with the same fan curve my temps at desktop with its usual 2% load on the CPU my water temps are now 28 though 29 degrees instead of 25 which inturn makes my fans run at 1500rpm to keep up. Is there a bigger issue here? Or is there anyway to revert back to the old firmware?

There was a firmware update some time back that re-calibrated the coolant temp sensor on the Platinum series coolers. It is highly likely this is what you are seeing versus an actual physical change of any type. Regardless, be aware that any change in room or case temp is additive to coolant temp, so you should see temp change during the day that mirrors the environment. Also the pump shuts down for a moment on the firmware flash, so it would be natural to see a slight boost on the other side, albeit short lived before returning to normal.

I am going to assume it is the firmware change and the easiest way to deal with this is to make your own cooling curves. I have a longer explanation about setting quiet levels for your idle temp and the peak RPM you are willing to tolerate at your normal maximum. However, the quickest fix is to go the Performance Tab, click + to create a new "cooling mode". A graph will appear in the center. Go to the upper right corner of the graph. There are three shape tools that correspond to the default Quiet, Balanced, Extreme fan curves. Select the one you normally use, then drag each point up 3-4C. You also can do this by entering the value into the X:Y variable box in the lower left side of the graph. This effectively elevates the curve to match the new baseline and your general behavior should be the same. Don't forget to click on both 'fan speed boxes' above after finishing the curve to apply it.

There was a firmware update some time back that re-calibrated the coolant temp sensor on the Platinum series coolers. It is highly likely this is what you are seeing versus an actual physical change of any type. Regardless, be aware that any change in room or case temp is additive to coolant temp, so you should see temp change during the day that mirrors the environment. Also the pump shuts down for a moment on the firmware flash, so it would be natural to see a slight boost on the other side, albeit short lived before returning to normal.

I am going to assume it is the firmware change and the easiest way to deal with this is to make your own cooling curves. I have a longer explanation about setting quiet levels for your idle temp and the peak RPM you are willing to tolerate at your normal maximum. However, the quickest fix is to go the Performance Tab, click + to create a new "cooling mode". A graph will appear in the center. Go to the upper right corner of the graph. There are three shape tools that correspond to the default Quiet, Balanced, Extreme fan curves. Select the one you normally use, then drag each point up 3-4C. You also can do this by entering the value into the X:Y variable box in the lower left side of the graph. This effectively elevates the curve to match the new baseline and your general behavior should be the same. Don't forget to click on both 'fan speed boxes' above after finishing the curve to apply it.

Hey bud appreciate the information! You answered my question spot on & then some. =-)

Also just noticing as well since with coolant temps have increased so has my idle on my graphics card by the same degree. Seeing 2-3 higher idle temps on the card as well sitting at 34 now on idle & some motherboard components are now running higher aswell.

Normal to see those temps increase with the firmware update? Its definitely running warmer than it did before and the fan noise is getting annoying. I understand room temp my rooms is a consistant 74f that but ive had very consistent temps up untill now the entire system runs warmer since the coolant is warmer its not a huge deal with the temps everything is still in range but what concerns me now is the 2-3 degree increase. Possible this will get worse now? Recommend switching coolers or? The 9900k at desktop is around 36 even when its ocd to 4.9-5 but the entire system is def warmer after the firmware update . Just concerns me with that big of a jump in temps. Id rather replace the pump now if these issues are gonna stick around.

My setup is a

NZXT h510!

i9 9900k

z390 pime 1

asus 2080ti oc

Rad is intake and 2 ll series for out

Edited by Church420