Corsair Community

Why is it so important to have a receipt for your keyboard?

Icebice

I'm having technical problems with my K70 Lux keyboard. I spilled liquid into it and a few buttons have the wrong RGB settings since then. Nothing helps software-wise (tried resetting the keyboard etc.) so I created a support ticket about it. I've heard you can get a firmware that reinitialize the RGB colors on every key, all you needed to provide is the sticker on the back of the keyboard - I thought.

Apparently I need to prove that I have bought my keyboard.

Why? Why are these files so hard-to-come-by? It's just a file damn it. It's not like I'm sending in my keyboard physically for some engineer to take a look at. IT'S A DIGITAL FILE.

I bought the keyboard almost two years ago, I don't have a receipt. Who the hell keeps them long-term anyway?

I'm so extremely dissatisfied with, not the actual support team but the guy behind its extremely illogical choice of "guidelines" for the Support team. I've bought your product, why do you punish those who buy your product?

You treat me like I stole your god damn keyboard (that I paid well over 200 USD for).

I don't care bout receipts. Sending out digital files shouldn't require proof of purchase. Sending it in physically should.

It's pretty damn obvious you are trying to earn extra by making people show you evidence that most people throw away a short while after purchase (when the product works).

I own a few Corsair products (PSU, Headset and Keyboard). After this I'm going with something else unless support actually helps me. I feel like I'm treated like a criminal at the moment...

• 2 weeks later...
In general, we don't post firmware files because if someone doesn't follow the process correctly, they could damage their products.

A camera picture of the back of the keyboard with serial number etc. should then suffice? You can then look up in the register if it's valid.

It does not.

Totally agree with you! Lost my receipt so I don't want to open ticket because I know it's requested by support. I just needto hard reset firmware of my keyboard. So, currently trying to sell it and replace it by logitech one!

Think this through people. All warranties work one of two ways: 1) Provide proof of purchase to establish the moment the clock started ticking; or 2) Forced registration you must complete within 30 days, with proof of purchase, and your consent to be bombarded with junk mail for life.

I am completely fine with the first. As for your lack of receipts, good luck on your taxes and I am glad I am not your accountant.

• 1 year later...
Think this through people. All warranties work one of two ways: 1) Provide proof of purchase to establish the moment the clock started ticking; or 2) Forced registration you must complete within 30 days, with proof of purchase, and your consent to be bombarded with junk mail for life.

I am completely fine with the first. As for your lack of receipts, good luck on your taxes and I am glad I am not your accountant.

:laughing: