Corsair Community

ASUS motherboard plugin iCUE crash launching R6 Siege

SquiIIiam

I've been playing around with the motherboard plugin ever since beta and I was disappointed to find that an issue I had in beta has continued to occur now that the plugin is officially part of the software. The plugin works perfectly for controlling the lights on my Z390-E, but unfortunately having the plugin enabled causes iCUE to crash and stop controlling my system lighting when I launch into Rainbow Six: Siege. I haven't noticed this issue in launching any other games yet but I haven't gone through my whole library to try. I've seen some posts about R6 crashing iCUE, but none of them mentioned the ASUS plugin, and the accepted solution for many of them was to disable Nvidia's Ultra Low Latency Mode in the NVCP, but I've never had that enabled. For now I've just kept the plugin disabled because I don't like having to relaunch iCUE whenever I play the game, but I really would like to have that integration working correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. I thought it was just the new versioin of iCUE that was crashing Siege, but now I see that you were able to fix it by disabling the plugin. Side note: the motherboard control doesn't even work on my ASUS x370 Prime, maybe I need a firmware update or something idk. I rolled back my iCUE which fixed the crash, but deleted my mouse button binds which now I'm trying to fix.

Corsair please note this IS crashing games, at least R6. It crashes by the second round every time without fail.

I have the exact same problem. I thought it was just the new versioin of iCUE that was crashing Siege

I think you misunderstood me. iCUE is what crashes for me, not R6. The game runs perfectly fine, but iCUE will crash in the background so my lights revert to their hardware setting. No problem if I have the plugin disabled.

Same for me with my Rampage VI Extreme. Though I have not connected it to a specific game (maybe Ark). With the plugin enabled Icue will crash on me eventually and I would have to relaunch it, only for it to crash again. With the ICue plugin disabled it works just fine though no control over my motherboard.