Corsair Community

iCUE stuck on wrong temps

AntiWaifu

Hello.

Im running an H115i that frequently gets stuck on the wrong higher temperature reading, so after playing a game and the loop cools down, the software continues to sit at the higher temp causing the fans to stay at higher RPM.

Up until now, I've had to go into settings each time, manually restart iCUE, and occasionally reconfigure the profile as it sometimes resets itself to default values.

Normally I just consider it a minor annoyance and deal with it, however more recently when I went to reset it, i noticed that my H115i appeared in iCUE twice, with separate profiles and temperature readings in both. after restarting iCUE I'm now stuck with a single profile that shows up as "H115i(1)."

Any ideas? for either issue

Capture.PNG.6bffb8af4431cd3310c74f97e62db1a5.PNG

Hello.

Im running an H115i that frequently gets stuck on the wrong higher temperature reading, so after playing a game and the loop cools down, the software continues to sit at the higher temp causing the fans to stay at higher RPM.

Up until now, I've had to go into settings each time, manually restart iCUE, and occasionally reconfigure the profile as it sometimes resets itself to default values.

Normally I just consider it a minor annoyance and deal with it, however more recently when I went to reset it, i noticed that my H115i appeared in iCUE twice, with separate profiles and temperature readings in both. after restarting iCUE I'm now stuck with a single profile that shows up as "H115i(1)."

Any ideas? for either issue

There once was a bug causing iCue to freeze when custom temp/fan speed curves were set. Because of this mayor bug, I stopped using custom curves months ago. Last week I gave it another try. It first seemed to work well. Haven't had a freeze until yesterday :(: I do really hope that this one wasn't caused by the same bug as custom curves may be the most important feature for me :mad::mad:

As in... all readings are frozen (the app crashed/locked up)? Or the coolant temp is not dropping quickly?

As in the coolant temp will not drop at all.

At idle it will usually idle around 30c, in game it jumps to 40-46c depending on game, but after closing the game and returning to idle state, the temp never changes (unless you force restart software).

If you force restart, it will drop from 40c+ back down to low 30c instantly.

There once was a bug causing iCue to freeze when custom temp/fan speed curves were set. Because of this mayor bug, I stopped using custom curves months ago. Last week I gave it another try. It first seemed to work well. Haven't had a freeze until yesterday :(: I do really hope that this one wasn't caused by the same bug as custom curves may be the most important feature for me :mad::mad:

Going to be super disappointed if that's what causes it :mad:

Even the silent profile is too aggressive on fan RPM ramp, its annoying to hear it kick back and forth between a quiet hum and leaf blower every time it hovers between 39-40c...

I don't recall a 'bug' where iCUE would freeze on custom fan curves. Not sure where that's coming from. But there's no issue with custom fan curves on any of the 4 PCs that I have iCUE controlling fan speeds here at the house.

For the temp not dropping - try restarting the service only. If that fixes it, I'd have to ask if you are running any other monitoring tools. This is something that we often see when other monitoring tools are conflicting.

I don't recall a 'bug' where iCUE would freeze on custom fan curves. Not sure where that's coming from. But there's no issue with custom fan curves on any of the 4 PCs that I have iCUE controlling fan speeds here at the house.

For the temp not dropping - try restarting the service only. If that fixes it, I'd have to ask if you are running any other monitoring tools. This is something that we often see when other monitoring tools are conflicting.

Well, it's obviously a bug, resulting from setting custom curves. I don't have any other monitoring software installed. I used to get this freezes regularly. Other users report similar issues. That's why I stopped using custom curves for about four months. I didn't get one single freeze. Started using custom curves again on my H80i v2 and got those freezes again. They don't happen that regularly as before, but they happen. That's in fact a bug.

And yeah, restarting iCue Service stopps the freeze, but doesn't prevent further freezes.

Edited by TackDaniels

It's a 1+ year standing bug if you have a custom curve set on your AIO. Sometimes I can go weeks without problems and sometimes it'll freeze after a single gaming session.

If it does freeze, go under Settings and at the bottom, click Restart iCue Service. Give it a minute or so and the temps/graphs will kick back in. Annoying but it's a quick fix.

Well, it's obviously a bug, resulting from setting custom curves. I don't have any other monitoring software installed. I used to get this freezes regularly. Other users report similar issues. That's why I stopped using custom curves for about four months. I didn't get one single freeze. Started using custom curves again on my H80i v2 and got those freezes again. They don't happen that regularly as before, but they happen. That's in fact a bug.

And yeah, restarting iCue Service stopps the freeze, but doesn't prevent further freezes.

Um, no, it's not "obviously" a bug.

Why do I say that? I have two CoPros in my main system, 1 CoPro in my server, 1 in my test bench, and yet a 5th CoPro in the kid's computer, plus AIOs (3 in total across 3 systems).

Every single one of them are running custom curves.

Not a problem at all.

Plus - I'm around here on the forum quite a bit. Pretty much daily. I don't recall seeing this before. Now, there was a super-annoying bug where iCUE would eat custom fan curves - but that's not what you're describing and that's been fixed for quite some time.

What this does sound like is a conflict on the USB channel. You see, those devices can only have a single app connect to them at a time. If more than one app is polling the device, sooner or later, they're gonna hit it at the same time. That causes issues because the device can't handle it.

Um, no, it's not "obviously" a bug.

Why do I say that? I have two CoPros in my main system, 1 CoPro in my server, 1 in my test bench, and yet a 5th CoPro in the kid's computer, plus AIOs (3 in total across 3 systems).

Every single one of them are running custom curves.

Not a problem at all.

Plus - I'm around here on the forum quite a bit. Pretty much daily. I don't recall seeing this before. Now, there was a super-annoying bug where iCUE would eat custom fan curves - but that's not what you're describing and that's been fixed for quite some time.

What this does sound like is a conflict on the USB channel. You see, those devices can only have a single app connect to them at a time. If more than one app is polling the device, sooner or later, they're gonna hit it at the same time. That causes issues because the device can't handle it.

Great to hear that you don't face that problem. But obviously others, including me, do so. When you're around here, and I know you are, I'm pretty sure you know this thread, where a lot of people descripe similar issues for quite a long time. As I said, I didn't have a single freeze as long as I didn't use custom curves. They started again when I came back to them. So it is abviously a bug related to them.

For me, I can say for sure that only iCue is polling the USB port my AIO is connected to. But I can add log files when it happen again (I already did months ago). Same log messages as every one else in the above mentioned thread were reporting.