Corsair Community

Vengeance Pro RGB not turning off in sleep mode and not syncing when on

Gisbitus

The memory works fine until I put it into sleep mode. It stays on with a rainbow effect. When I turn the system back on, it won't sync with the other products and there's a red exclamation mark on them in iCUE. I already enabled full software control and I already tried a forced firmware update

Since you are loading the current PC state into the RAM when you go into sleep mode, the motherboard cannot cut power to the RAM. The lighting in any RGB RAM kit is tied into the main power delivery, thus in sleep mode it will be on -- RGB, LED, doesn't matter.

The quick solution is use to instant lighting Black before entering sleep mode. That will also handle any accidental desk bumps that turn on the keyboard or mouse.

The red exclamation point on resume is a bit puzzling. Try using the "restart services" button in the iCUE settings. Still, that shouldn't come on and it's not something I encounter while putting mine into sleep several times a day. There seemed to be an uptick in the "parking brake light" reports in 3.23. Driver issue? Perhaps we will see different results in 3.24. How long has the red light thing been happening?

Thanks for answering. About a few days, everything was fine before that. Also, using black instant lighting didn't fix my sleep problem.

Since you are loading the current PC state into the RAM when you go into sleep mode, the motherboard cannot cut power to the RAM. The lighting in any RGB RAM kit is tied into the main power delivery, thus in sleep mode it will be on -- RGB, LED, doesn't matter.

The quick solution is use to instant lighting Black before entering sleep mode. That will also handle any accidental desk bumps that turn on the keyboard or mouse.

The red exclamation point on resume is a bit puzzling. Try using the "restart services" button in the iCUE settings. Still, that shouldn't come on and it's not something I encounter while putting mine into sleep several times a day. There seemed to be an uptick in the "parking brake light" reports in 3.23. Driver issue? Perhaps we will see different results in 3.24. How long has the red light thing been happening?

• 11 months later...
im also dealing with the same issue i just build my pc like 2 weeks ago and im disappointed at this product. Why would corsair make a ram that cannot turn off when in sleep mode that is unacceptable nobody in they right mine would want lights on all day. i actually wasted little over $$300 on corsair products just to find out that it doesnt sync well with it own product and also not compatible with new motherboard.

1993437434_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.bf1f9da7e46bff99b7af793693c688de.png

1800383680_Screenshot_2020-12-18BUGLedlightwrongcolorsaftersometimeusingiCUE-TheCorsairUse.png.27a9ba428f43005cd01eca87f3ca6401.png

Edited by disnutz

usually the method is disabling full software control and setting the sticks to black (off). then leaving iCUE in full software control under normal use.

When you lock your computer, or turn it off, the sticks revert to their hardware mode which is.. off.

The problem here is why the sticks have this communication issue, the red triangle.