Corsair Community

H100i SE/Commander Pro/RGB New Build

CrimsonNieve

Hello! I am looking to build https://pcpartpicker.com/b/GQWD4D with some slight modifications and had some questions. I am leaning towards a Aorus z390 Pro Wifi. This will be my first pc build so thanks for being patient with me!

1. How flexible are the cables/connections from the AIO? Would I be able to run them up parallel to the RAM and then along the top of the MB?

2. Do the fans from the AIO need their own port on the Commander Pro? If this is true, how do I add more than 6 fans? I plan on trying to add some LED strips as well, along the border of the case and along the bottom for "underglow".

3. Opinions about fan optimization. I have been watching a few videos and am considering top AIO exhaust, 3 bottom intake and 3 side intake with possibly another exhaust on top next to the radiator (mostly for show).

4. Is there any "diffusion"/bracket solution people have found works well with the Corsair strips? Talking specifically for under the case.

5. I noticed the motherboard I'm considering has its own specific Corsair RGB port separate from its addressable and non addressable rgb ports. What is this used for and what's the "added" benefit?

6. Would I be able to control the motherboards RGB from iCue?

Thanks! I'll let you know if I think of more.

1) The USB and SATA power cables? Flexible like any other fan cable. Should have no trouble putting them where you want, although you might also consider going under the RAM and down that corridor. Things above the motherboard really stand out on the white 011 and there is a big gap between board and the one top grommet.

2) No, the Platinum has its own fan and lighting controller. This means you will still have 6 slots on the Commander Pro for fan control and all 6 ports on the RGB Lighting hub is you go full LL in the vertical and bottom positions.

3) This case is weird. My preference would be for bottom intake, top + vertical panel exhaust like in your linked picture. That will pull in from the back and bottom across the motherboard which is the thing looking for direct cooling. This also lets you keep the vertical LL "on the pretty side". It's not as attractive from the back. It should also allow the top mount CPU cooler to pull in air from the back vent. With bottom/vertical intake, a lot of GPU heat is going to wind up going toward the 240mm radiator.

4) I haven't done strips on this case. My 6 LL120 (and now 6 HD120) fans plus pump are so bright adding strips would be ridiculous. What I have seen others do is use thin white paper to diffuse the strips down. You don't have a lot of cover from the side door, so things will probably be visible.

5) There is no added benefit. It gives some level of RGB control to capable motherboard software. I didn't think GA had one, but MSI does. Regardless, this is really to benefit those with 1 or 2 Corsair RGB fans or strips and you tie it in with the MB lighting control. For those doing a whole system with multiple RGB fans, you don't use this and the options available in iCUE dwarf those in 3rd party software.

6) No. Aside from the "1 solo device" scenario above, everybody has their own RGB software and it is generally required.

Thanks for your reply!

1. Nah, the tubes coming from the header block to the radiator. I thought the white might blend in nicely along the top of the MB.

3. Thoughts about adding a solo LL on the top with the radiator?

6. I thought I remembered something about it saying it uses RGB Fusion and that Fusion would then talk to iCue?