Corsair Community

Will adding corsair memory help far cry run better?

roadzy

My system is: P4 2.6 HT (Right now I have it over clocked at 2.85, didn't change anything) DFI 865pe Infinity 512 ddr3200 (crucial ram) <- want to change to Twinx1024-3200XL PNY GeForce Fx5200 Ultra Do you think by upgrading my ram that far cry would run better? Any suggestions would help thanks!

I think so, although, if your graphic card is a lower end one, it will be less of an apparent increase. I went from 512 to 1 Gig with a All In Wonder 9800 Pro 128 and the performance was better in the load as well as allowing more goodies to be turned on. Was the 170 bucks I paid for the 512 worth it? I think so, and thats all that matters.

• Corsair Employee
Faster memory will not do too much for video performance! However, a faster system will increase the game sensitivity or make the play a bit faster to change to another screen. You might see a slight increase in Video performance, but it would not be easy to notice. However, XMS3200XL will allow you more options with over clocking your system and that may increase Video performance depending on the settings, more so than just faster memory!

Archived