Corsair Community

Automatic preset switching won't work with Blizzard's game

Sork

Hi, when creating new profiles and linking them to run when executing an app, when that app is a Blizzard's game, it doesn't work well.

With D3, I always have to alt+tab to get back in the game in order to load my profile.

With Heroes of the Storm, it won't work at all.

I don't know if since the games are launched from the battle.net app if it could be the cause of the issue, but I'd like to know if I'm the only one having that problem and if someone has an idea on how to make it work (other than forcing the profile).

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Launching with battle.net could be the cause. Assuming you have the profiles tied directly to the game exe, try launching the game exe directly.

As for HotS, anything could be the cause there since it's in Alpha.

It happens in some autoupdating newer games/apps:

HotS exe is now placed here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Versions\Base35702\HeroesOfTheStorm_x64.exe

But every major update it changes the "Base35702" directory name.

¿Is it possible to add in future versions of CUE some kind of masks like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Versions\*\HeroesOfTheStorm_x64.exe" ?

Google chrome changed it recently and now it uses a C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe and C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\old_Chrome.exe but some time ago Chrome used the same concept.

• Administrators

Regarding the exe file moving around - I doubt they'll add a mask. I can't say that I've ever seen any other program do that (aside from NVidia driver installs). Just checked my install and the old base folders are still there but with nothing inside. Changing the folder for each new version is odd for a company to do, although perhaps they'll stop doing that now that it's officially out?

In regards to Chrome, that's news to me. Sounds like the new one is always in the same location though.

• Corsair Employee
Blizzard games have a new .exe with every update. You have to find the latest one in your directory to use with the profile as that is what Battle Net launcher uses. David is correct in that you'll have to look for the Build folder with the latest version.

Archived