Corsair Community

M95 Scroll Wheel Issues

Pr0t0c01

This issue has been fairly well documented here on the Corsair forums and on other sites by other users with the same problem. It's really sad, because this was not a cheap mouse and it replaced a 9 year old working Logitech G5 (original).

The scroll wheel randomly actuates even when moving the mouse around and forget about using the scroll wheel as it was intended. The scroll will jump up and then down, making it useless.

I contacted support about this issue last year and got no where. Eventually I was told "Sorry your product is out of warranty". I understand there is a 2 year warranty on these mice, but what bugs me is this issue is a very well known design flaw. Why not show some good will to very loyal customers and offer to fix it, or at least provide a working solution?

I run a computer shop and have built hundreds of computers and have always championed corsair products in my build (especially cases and power supplies). I've used near 100 Corsair CX and HX/RM supplies in a single year. In my history of using Corsair products I've only had to RMA 3 products. 1 was a bad stick of laptop RAM that was used for near 4 years. 2 was the front port cluster on my Corsair 400R case that I broke and was after warranty and the Corsair support guy sent me a new one for free even though I acknowledged it was my fault. That same front port cluster in my current machine broke again (USB plastic in the center) and I didn't bother to seek a replacement because I was thankful he even replaced it in the first place. The third was a day one fan speed controller on a CX430(M) that went bad.

So I've had my experience with Corsair and it's been overwhelmingly positive. Above and beyond support of their products. So when I've had this experience on a product that is clearly a design flaw (affects the M65 too) it bothers me to be told "sorry, out of warranty". This isn't the Corsair that I've come to know and I expected you guys to back your products.

If I can't fix this issue, I'm going to have to chuck an otherwise very well taken care of and perfect good M95 mouse, what a waste.

Archived