Corsair Community

600T HDD wobble

RJP

This is my first new build in over 10 years and " how the times are a changin' ".

The first item on my new build list was the 600T Graphite and it still is top notch, but I may have found something I know nothing about. For now I have just one cage installed cause I'm starting off with a Caviar Black 1 TB Sata3 HDD for my OS. The HDD drive installed in the plastic tray without a hitch.

That's where I got cautious :confused: When I put the plastic tray with the HDD installed into the cage I have 1 to 2 16ths of wobble between the tray and the cage. Is this acceptable? I have not fired my system up to install the OS yet due to this HDD movement, or possible movement.

I can only think that I have not installed everything as I should. Could I please get a little nudge of advice?

Thanks,

RJ

• Corsair Employee

There are rubber rings in between the screws that are holding the drive, this will prevent HDD from wobbling while being used. Any vibration that will come from the HDDs will then be transferred to the rings that will keep the drive steady as possible.

Try to run fire up the system once you have completed all the installation and let us know how it went.

There are rubber rings in between the screws that are holding the drive, this will prevent HDD from wobbling while being used. Any vibration that will come from the HDDs will then be transferred to the rings that will keep the drive steady as possible.

Now that you mention it, I do remember small rubber rings; the hunt is on :eek:

If I understand, the rubber rings are installed between the HDD and plastic tray which will make a little wider and better fit.

I knew it had to be an error on my part :o:

Thanks

Found the black rings or grommets that shipped with the case and there is no room to fit these in between the screw, plastic tray and HDD.

Now it's time for the idjut in me to really shine. Please let me try to explain what I've got or trying to accomplish.

The plastic tray that shipped with the 600T had four pins within white plastic grommets already in place to the each end of the tray. To install the HDD, I just slide the drive into one side of the tray, pulled out the opposite side a little and inserted the pins into the other side of the tray. This only leaves one hole open in the center of each side to install the HDD screw (and it's almost too short).

The HDD is very snug in the plastic tray, but when I slide it into the metal cage there is a very noticeable wobble between the tray and cage.

Where have I gone wrong? And where could these black rings/grommets possibly go?

I have scoured every review I could find on this case looking for a picture of the HDD/tray/cage install without much luck.

Why is this driving me nuts?

You will be fine. I have a little play in mine too, the drive won't wobble. The little bit of play is there to make it easy to remove the tray. The drive won't make any vibration noise. (at least mine doesn't and I run with my side panel off most of the time)

Any vibration is dampened by the silicone grommets.

You will be fine. I have a little play in mine too, the drive won't wobble. The little bit of play is there to make it easy to remove the tray. The drive won't make any vibration noise. (at least mine doesn't and I run with my side panel off most of the time)

Any vibration is dampened by the silicone grommets.

If that's the case, it should be fine with just the stainless steel pins and white grommets holding it. Trying to put those short HDD screws in was a pain in the "sit down". :bigeyes:

Thanks so much everyone...I do feel more at ease.

Archived