Corsair Community

Corsair Link Issues (Sound, Mouse lags)

Zarazan

Hello!

It seems the Corsair Link Software is responsible for for mouse lags and sound issue on my PC.

1. When just moving the mouse over the screen the pointer is getting slower at times, lagging. I have two mice connect to my PC and it seems to effect my Razer Naga more then the Roccat Kone.

2. Sound from all source is being distorted. YouTube videos have a crackling noise and weird sound popping noises.

Both issue can easily be fixed but just turning off the corsair link software.

The sound issues have been a bit better with the latest Corsair Link version 4.2.1.42 but it is still there.

System:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (clean install)

All software and drivers are up to date.

Mainboard: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K

RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3000

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

Boot Drive: 128GB Samsung SM951-NVMe M.2

PSU: 750 Watt Corsair RMi Series Modular

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT

Did anyone see similar issues?

Hello!

It seems the Corsair Link Software is responsible for for mouse lags and sound issue on my PC.

1. When just moving the mouse over the screen the pointer is getting slower at times, lagging. I have two mice connect to my PC and it seems to effect my Razer Naga more then the Roccat Kone.

2. Sound from all source is being distorted. YouTube videos have a crackling noise and weird sound popping noises.

Both issue can easily be fixed but just turning of the corsair link software.

The sound issues have been a bit better with the latest Corsair Link version 4.2.1.42 but it is still there.

System:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (clean install)

All software and drivers are up to date.

Mainboard: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K

RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3000

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

Boot Drive: 128GB Samsung SM951-NVMe M.2

PSU: 750 Watt Corsair RMi Series Modular

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT

Did anyone see similar issues?

If you close CLINK, does these issues still persist?

Hi red-ray,

seems you are spot on.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/15zjqex.jpg

As soon as I turn on CL4 you see the spikes. They go a little higher if I run it longer but here I turned it on and off within a few seconds.

Now I know what happens, but I have no solution :[pouts:

Thanks for the replies :)

BTW:

Just to see what happens under a high load I had several Chrome tabs open, 3 YouTube vids running, downloading a file, Steam/Origin started, Battle.net playing Diablo 3 and a few other programs running and there are no delays without CL4.

seems you are spot on.

I suspected I would be and I get the same on my system to a lesser extent. The difference is down to different CPUs reporting things in different ways. I sometimes need to adjust SIV for new CPUs, though not very often and I suspect if you run SIV on your system there will not be an issue.

• CL4 Causes High DPC Latencies.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24076&stc=1&d=1453907616.

I used to get the same issue in SIV and about 18 months I looked into the root cause and fixed it for the SIV V4.49 release. As I recall it took me a few days to implement the caching regime so I am at a loss as to why Corsair failed to fix this for the CL 4.2.1.42 release given I also reported this as a CL 4.2.0.162 issue :(:. From http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=776930 you will see CL has a long track record of doing this.

SIV Version 4.49 released on 14-Nov-2014

Revised to cache physical memory mappings (MmMapIoSpace()) to avoid high DPC latencies caused when MmUnmapIoSpace() is called.

I know this thread is monitored by Corsair.

Let me say that release 4 is much better than release 3. Good job.

You're almost there guys......

Questions to Corsair:

1. Do you acknowledge this as an issue?

2. Do you plan on fixing it in the next release.

Archived